OlyBoy's growing indoors this time (Sunset Sherbet)

Shawty is starting to show a little bit of purple!

03/10

13 Likes

So earlier this evening, I realized I had not checked on the buds drying downstairs. Two branches snap… and not like bend & snap, but like snap & break off. Here they are at harvest (03/06)

and 4.5 days later (03/11).

So I trimmed and this is what I got.

A little over two zips. (Thank you, Backup!) Here’s a sparkly pic.

Instead of putting them into jars, I wanted to see if they had/would stabilize at an RH of (or slightly below) 62%.

So I have a couple of humidors. This particular one I wasn’t using any longer, so I conditioned it to 62%.

And then I put my buds in it.

All these hygrometers have been in the humidor for a while now. The one circled in yellow consistently displays ~1% less than the two circled in blue. The one circled in red is usually 1-2% over the ones in blue. The one circled in green is ~1-2% above the one circled in red. The big tan one is the Bluetooth enabled hygrometer that I’ve been using to monitor the grow and the drying. I just really want to see what the tan one displays, compared to the rest of the hygrometers that have been in there for a few weeks. And to see what the RH of the buds is right after drying and how close it is to 62%. And how quickly the RH stabilizes.

As soon as it’s close to 62% (for a day or so), I’ll jar these buds and continue to burp the jars as the plants continue to gas off.

I read somewhere that storing bud in humidors is generally a bad idea. It’s possible that the buds could absorb something from the cedar. That may be true. But these buds will be in the humidor (just like this) for probably ONLY TWO days.

I did (pretty much) the exact same thing two weeks ago after drying Duchess. Except I didn’t have the digital wi-fi hygrometer in the humidor. So I’ve got a 3x5 car around here somewhere with the dates and readings of each of the hygrometers before the first harvest went into jars. Right now, those two jars have been sitting at 59-60%. I haven’t noticed anything cedar-y about the buds at all.

And that’s just a smidge high for me… but we’re still burping.

Here is my drying data from Sat afternoon to Thurs morning.

And here is the start of my conditioning time data, while in the humidor.

03/11

11 Likes

@bow4buck You know what I always say. If it’s worth analyzing, it’s probably worth over-analyzing.

Ha haha!

4 Likes

@mudman To amend my answer from last week. If I were growing more SunShr and I had the choice of cloning from the two phenomes I noticed, I’d chose the plant that grew the buds in pairs (rather than buds in spirals). Not only was plant maintenance a little easier for he plant that grew in pairs, I also believe the buds were more dense (and the yield was larger) on the plant with pairs.

Just my two cents.

(Man, I can’t wait for April. I’ve got almost all my stuff and I want to start those seeds.)

3 Likes

Shawty

03/12

14 Likes

Nice work :+1:

4 Likes

94 days since flipping.

03/16

13 Likes

I was going to harvest this little plant on Saturday, but I will probably wait until Sunday. I have a hot date with SWMBO.

3 Likes

@greensnek Did you do a wet cure side by side experiment last year? How did that turn out? (Maybe I’m remembering wrong.)

Everyone else… What are your thoughts on the wet cure method? Have you tried it? What were your thoughts?

I didn’t know it existed? I know kap loves his cold curing.

I saw it once and kind of forgot about it until today.

I’ve been reading about it this afternoon. I’m real curious now.

I didn’t really read what it was all about. When I finally figure out how to do a regular cure maybe I’ll try something new… lol

4 Likes

@LoCoRocK I really wanna try the paper bag method of drying this time and place my hygrometer in the paper bag with the buds and chase the perfect RH% like @bow4buck did a couple of weeks ago. :rofl:

3 Likes

I dry in brown bags quite often. Since I only have one room and can’t bring shit inside until it’s jarred …per my sweetheart. So I’m forced to dry in the room while others are finishing.

2 Likes

Thats for a bud rinse not a cure just fyi.

1 Like

I was going to but got to bogged down by work but I think it’s a great way to clear out the chlorophyll to really jump start the dry cure terp development and get that desirable light amber for extracts

2 Likes

Yeah, all I can say is it works. No way I could have dried in 30%rh paper bags weren’t fun in that humidity but managed to dry and still curing at about 57%

3 Likes

Goodby, Shawty.

After trimming…

98 days since flipping.

15 Likes

Pics with the flash.

03/20

13 Likes

These were autos …sunset sherbet from the start of journal?

3 Likes