RUNTZ strain anyone grown it yet? What to expect?

Houston we have a problem. Found a hermie plant! Looked ok at the top. But down under the canopy surprise! son of a bitch! I just came from the hydro shop and forgot to buy some optic folier transport so i can spray them with optic folier switch! Damn it. How did i miss them when i defoliated yesterday?

I pulled off as many as i could see for tonight. One did have some pollen coming out when i squeezed it. I dropped it into a vial and hurried up and washed my hands.

7 Likes

Spray hermies w water a cpl timesna day to deactivate pollen

7 Likes

Ahh makes sense. When my other plant hermied i sprayed it every day and it was next to 2 other strains and it did not pollinate the other 2 plants.

5 Likes

A tour of the farm anyone?
The transplants shocked bad last night. There bouncing back but slowly.

8 Likes

transplanted the runtz mother today.
This is a clone of my favorite mother plant of this Runtz strain. Now its it’s in a 7 gallon pot! And i also transplanted the mimosa mother into a 7 gallon. They were in 3 gallon pots and 5 gallon just didnt seem right next to it. And 10 gallons was to big. So 7 it was.

9 Likes

Looking great! What week are they in this video?

4 Likes

They are in Week 11 in 2 days

2 Likes

Very nice!! Thanks for the tour brother! Everything is looking good and I’m sure the babies are already looking better from the transplant.

3 Likes

Nice! 7 gallon is my go to. By default really. That’s all I’ve ever grown in. I’ve been meaning to experiment with 10 gallon pots though, just to see if it’s worth moving up.

3 Likes

I have some 1 gallns and some 20 gallons but the 20 gallons are massive inside a tent

4 Likes

Heck yeah, I bet! Have you ever used 7 gallons? Do you notice a difference with using a larger gallon size with all things being equal as far as veg time, nutes, etc…?

3 Likes

More roots more fruits i run 30 gal pots due to this. I get about 40% larger yeilds by using 25-30 gal pots over 14 gal pots

4 Likes

I notice that if i use a 7 gallon vs a 3bgallon the stem trunk is twice the size.

4 Likes

Yes double the stem size and the stem growth is increased significantly.

4 Likes

11 weeks flower or total ??

2 Likes

Total time. I will have to go back and see when i flipped them. Ok i flipped them october 4th. So 3 weeks and 2 days. Here is a teaser from tonight!

7 Likes

Ok here is the real teaser!

Ohhh yeah the girls are super happy tonight! When there leaves point up like they are in these pictures there really growing well. Really weird im getting to know these plants well now. Damn i need $200 for VPD monitor unit. I bet there in the zone and if i had one of those units i would know whats going on.

9 Likes

Damn son! They are perking up good:)
Mine are starting the second week!!! Stretching and getting some weird leaves on the flowering nodes…looks like they are no Runtz but beasts…lol.

3 Likes

Nice! I’m going to buy a few 10 gallons today and transplant my 3 gallons into it and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice! Thanks for for input on it as well @hoppiefrog

1 Like

Update pics. These runts are beautiful. The girls are happy! Perky as always.

10 Likes