Scryptic's Newbie Grow --> Blackberry Kush & Super Silver Haze

Flowering Day 22

I’m doing another defoliation. So many leaves! The buds are covered again by foliage.

I see several buds with bruised hairs. Is this just business as usual when trimming and bumping into buds?

14 Likes

Great looking ladies you have there!

10 Likes

What do you think? I trimmed just fan leaves at the top that were blocking light from reaching lower buds.

15 Likes

When they fatten up they may fall over. You may want to consider a bungee trelis as support for the fat buds a coming!

9 Likes

Ok, I actually just got a couple SCROG nets for my next grow. Should I bust one out right now?

10 Likes

Nicely done

9 Likes

@PreyBird1 @jj520 @Mark0427 Would you put a fan to circulate air under the canopy or is the top of the canopy where I want to focus?

Also, should I put in the SCROG net or is it too late? Won’t it damage buds?

Here’s the high and low PPFD readings at 90% power of my MedicGrow 880 watt LED

I have a good feeling about this Incredible Bulk Bloom Booster. It dissolves perfectly into water. Growganica looks like they have a good product line but it’s definitely expensive.

10 Likes

Honestly if the little Xtra power usage won’t hurt u add one under also moving all air around the whole plant. One spot that don’t get it can be the starter spot for a wpm issue.

7 Likes

Ok I will adjust the fans so everything is getting more wind. I have been worried about wind burn but mold would really screw things up.

I bumped up the light to 95% and I won’t go any higher. It’s at 836 watts now.

Highest center PPFD 1050
Lowest edges PPFD 800

I raised the light from 12" to 15 " above the canopy

8 Likes

yep.

Both…

To the best of my ability @scryptic :

Purple buds yo :metal:

See, I like to blow underneath the canopy, through the lollipopped part, and right above the buds, but not straight on the buds. But you want that flow.

13 Likes

Not a problem

8 Likes

Your readings are excellent what area for each 880 again 4x4? Each

8 Likes

@MrMonkey420 Ok well I moved the fans to blow directly on the buds I hope this isn’t going to be an issue.

@flannigan Yes, I am using only 4x4 of my 8x4 tent with an 880 watt LED

8 Likes

If it circulating have it moving blowing on the canopy as it goes by it. I have 2 on ground blowing under kinda upwards to push it up and one bigger ped fan blowing across tops and exhaust pulls it all up and out. I do want to get and add either another 8 exhaust or a 6 to add with the 8 that’s there now and see if that helps my summer issues out

6 Likes

Ok yeah I have 3 fans oscillating across the canopy which covers all sides and one oscillating from the intake to distribute fresh air across the tent.

8 Likes

I don’t see an issue then sounds like u have plenty of air movement and all u should be gold.

8 Likes

Flowering Day 25

The girls are coming along nicely.

Should I keep trimming top fan leaves to let light through or is this looking good?

Blackberry Kush

Check out this video clip. I could use some input as for trimming branches.

Super Silver Haze

15 Likes

Looks good :+1:t2:

12 Likes

I wouldn’t. If it’s something now u can tuck out the way tuck it. If not then take it. The leaves r the engine that pushed this plant remember that. No leaves no movement much. I’d try and hold off til the last weeks of flower then strip them for a week to ripe. Up more. Leaves r gonna pretty much be at a hault now so what’s there is what’s gonna be the worker leaves the most. Care for these leaves now so it does the rest of the job good for u.

11 Likes

Nah I say give him a good strip down weekly that way all the light can stay focused at the buds you will see the point when the leaves stop growing and it’s time to slow down on the trimming I prefer to take leaves off rather than tuck but I work out of a net as well

8 Likes