Scryptic's Newbie Grow --> Blackberry Kush & Super Silver Haze

Lol @Mark0427

5 Likes

I looked the 3 a light up a book? Thats what i found but it was out of my price range at i believe 300$?

6 Likes

And your killing it for a newbie. I like to take people’s ideas along with mine and try to develop my own way eventually too @scryptic

6 Likes

Day 71

They’re about 13 inches tall from soil level.

I was going to flower but I’m going to wait for this black RTV silicone so I can make sure the indicator light on my humidifier is completely blocked. I don’t want anything to mess up this grow.

Here’s a bird’s eye view of Blackberry Kush

And this is the Super Silver Haze

7 Likes

Shoot that book is out of all of our ranges. 300 bucks its crazy.

8 Likes

That’s a ridiculous price for a book no matter what tips for growing weed are in it.

8 Likes

oh the info has already been given out for free everywhere now.

9 Likes

Now you need a parr meter! It will help you get your light set up correctly and save electricity and maximize your light levels. I like my photobio meter.

7 Likes

Yes sir I do have one!

VBR-Plant PAR Meter R,G,B PAR Seperately Daily Light Integral Full Spectrum Quantum for Indoor and Outdoor https://a.co/d/8xvP9cQ

Works great!

I’m hovering around 700 PPFD. I see some people go less and some more.

7 Likes

Day 75

Flipping to flowering light cycles tonight! :heart_eyes:

Here’s a bird’s eye of Blackberry Kush

Here’s the Super Silver Haze

12/12 cycle begins!

Parameters Used until Now

700-715 PPFD
65-70% RH
76-78 F Daytime
70-72 F Nighttime

Watering 1-1.5 gallon every 3rd or 4th day
Boogie Brew Compost Tea has been delivered with nearly every watering in addition to one application of CoM Buds & Blooms

7 Likes

They look good. Now they will grow. Nice job man.

5 Likes

Day 3 of Flower

I see hairs growing longer although they were present way before the flip.

I see some foliage I would like to remove but is that going to stress them in a bad way?

@Mark0427 Should I wait for a few weeks before defoliation?

12 Likes

Definitely defoliate them they will love it in 2 day you’ll never be able to tell

11 Likes

@jj520 Ok, cool I will do that tomorrow! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Me myself I would wait for 2 weeks or 3weeks and do one good defol then defol like a week or so before chop. But that’s me

7 Likes

Here’s my take…
First of all, it’s good to understand why you are defoliating, rather than just counting days or weeks and not really knowing why you’re doing it.

I suggest a first, heavy defoliation, at flip. And this is mostly done to improve airflow and light penetration in your canopy. For that second defol during flower it’s also and even more so to boost flower production. What you will notice is that your plants are going to stretch heavily from the start of the flowering period, and this takes usually about 3 weeks, strain dependent.
So what is really important is: you want to perform that second defoliation when the stretching is OVER. If you don’t, and your plants are still stretching, you will see that they will still start to produce a lot of leaves again. That’s a loss of energy, which should’ve been direct to producing flowers, among other cons (another: more leaves, thicker canopy again, less airflow, less light penetration).
When you defoliate right after they’re done stretching, the stress from defoliating will induce a boost in florigen production, a hormone that is responsible for flower production. Meaning, the plant will now focus much heavier on producing flowers.
Then, late flowering it’s good to do another defol to improve that airflow and light penetration again.
Hope this helps.
:v:

9 Likes

Plants are looking dope by the way! Good on ya!

6 Likes

Very good info @MrMonkey420 . I only do the two defols. If its done right the plants don’t grow back the leaves as bushy. Then ill defol at harvest.

My practice is schwazzing. So the second defol is 100 percent of the leaves. Doesnt really come back as thick.

8 Likes

Ok thanks for your inputs.

@MrMonkey420 that’s kinda what I was reading elsewhere but thank you for breaking it down. It’s definitely crucial to know why.

From what I gather it will be better to wait for the stretch to finish and then defoliate. I suppose I should have defoliated more heavily before the flip… Or do I still have time to defoliate since I just flipped?

8 Likes

In my opinion it’s just crazy to wait a few weeks at a time to let all the buds get good light I grow in a scrog and I do a good defoliation weekly by the end of the week you can’t tell I can’t imagine not trimming it would just be a huge mess I’d rather be able to see my bud production and see what the plants are doing not to mention how are you going to keep an eye out for Hermes or anything like that if it’s a huge bush that’s my take on it I’m a firm believer and defoliating whenever is needed we’re growing in a controlled environment so the plants will thrive as long as your environment is on point

10 Likes