Scryptic's Newbie Grow --> Blackberry Kush & Super Silver Haze

Ok yeah I was thinking that could be the case. I watered 4 liters then waited 20 minutes and watered another 2 liters and there was no runoff the second watering.

7 Likes

Not exactly sure possibly from watering. They r bottom old leaves maybe just time for them to go. Could be an issue but if just a few as of now I’d not stress too much unless u see more pop up daily then attack.

6 Likes

If u feel it’s got dry spots possibly leave the pot set in the tray of good runoff water or fill tray with some nutes and let the pot set in it for 20 or so mins it’ll wick up enough to saturated all spots. Just don’t leave water in trays for too long to get nasty building up like days. Lol

7 Likes

Thanks for the insight. The trays never have standing water in them. I basically only water as much as the plants can use over a 3 day period.

I learned from my boss at a garden center I worked at that watering deep and then letting the pot dry out is the best way to encourage a large root system. It makes the roots search for water and extends the network.

8 Likes

Yes with soil that seems to work well. Even if soil dries too much it becomes hydrophobic tho and water repels away from it more than soak into it. It’s kinda weird like it gets oily spots or something and won’t get wet right unless it’s saturated good. I water my plants and get runoff then suck trays dry with a shop vac and then add a little water in trays for the plants to suck up thru the day. Usually half a day and all water is sucked up into plant. Can’t wait to see some buddage on the plants just chopped all mine down yesterday and today I’ll plant the midnight snack clones and if not today tomorrow get some bbk and bbmr seeds down and drowning

6 Likes

Yes exactly i have noticed what your saying and wondering what the heck until i finally figured it out lol.

7 Likes

@scryptic you have done very well for a first time. Im only on my fifth but skipped over 2 years from my first 3.

7 Likes

@flannigan Thank you for the compliment! This may be my first cannabis grow but I have grown quite a few different plant and cacti species so I would be really disappointed in myself if I wasn’t successful the first time. :cactus: :evergreen_tree: :deciduous_tree: :blossom: :tulip: :seedling:

Cannabis is easy and difficult to grow at the same time. It seems like anyone can grow it but to grow it really well is definitely a skill and an art.

7 Likes

Hey @scryptic im allergic to weed on my skin and really allergic to pollen!! I wear farmers defense sleeves! They will save you and your weed from arm hairs sticking to trichromes and the thc off the arms. I have like 4 pairs! And i highly highly recommend these.

8 Likes

Random ua’s? Damn you should not be fooling around and get some sleeves asap!

6 Likes

@PreyBird1 Thank you so much for the advice and the link! Ordering now! :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Hell the plants don’t bug me one but on the skin. O ly thing annoying is the shit sticking to arm hairs. Lol. My wife would be one to need sleeves but she just. Put a long sleeve on and helps out.

5 Likes

Yeah I need to be extra sure that I don’t get any resin on my skin. I just talked to a guy who is a former fellow client and he’s running a different ‘sober house’ that’s cool with cannabis and he said they might have a room for me there.

I’ve been praying for something to work out and this might be it! They’ll use my IT skills in their nonprofit and that’ll pay for most of my rent. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I just ordered sleeves plus an apron that I hope I get a lot of use out of.

If anyone wants to order from this vendor, here’s a 10% off link Farmers Defense | Protective Farming Gear & Grow Equipment

6 Likes

Flowering Day 8

They’re praying just like they should be on a Sunday :rofl:

I just got a nifty WiFi microscope so stay tuned for some close-ups :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Mate, for a first timer, you are absolutely killing it. Not often do we see a first timer with a grow like that! Plants are healthy as healthy can be. :star_struck: :boom: :fire:

7 Likes

@MrMonkey420 Thank you so much for the compliments! Really I owe my success to everyone here and on ILGM.

@Mark0427 has given me lots of pointers and he introduced me to GN

I initially had been following ChittyChittyBangin’s growing method and recommendation to use Coast of Maine organics for my first grow. He’s over on ILGM.

Other than that I used to work at a garden center in the nursery and was in charge of growing a high tunnel of tomatoes, peppers, etc. so I have experience growing things. That’s gotta be a huge part of my success. Tomatoes are very similar.

9 Likes

Got the microscope connected to my phone finally and it works pretty good. :melting_face:

Now I’ll be able to get help determining when to harvest :grin:

9 Likes

Figure atleast 8 to 10 weeks from about nowish. Maybe sooner tho. I’d say atleast 8 weeks unless everything goes well then it can be a bit faster runs. These midnight snacks I have now seem to me like they finished about a week or 2 faster than the last ones did and from memory I harvested them about same tricome levels about 90 milk few amber and minimal clear spots. Same as now but I did use the opunterra soil regenerator with this run and maybe it added something better to make it go faster I did have my lights cranked on 90 this time and for this run I am gonna do some playing with light levels and move my light instead of plant risers I’m gonna rake 2 of these in a scrog and 3 not scrogged I was gonna do 4x4 net but figure my room is 4x7x8 high so if I did 4x3 I should have plenty room for the other 3 but I’ll have to move them about to get to the scrog. I may do some adjustments to the room while vegging and make my door wider for getting plants in and out easier. Right now 25 inches is tight to take a plant in flower out. Especially when the r 3 and 4 feet round if I pulled them out like I should lol.

8 Likes

Nice I seen Amazon has quite a few selections of these sleeves also I believe same camo ones for like 16 bucks

7 Likes