Smokin _ernie Coco coir adventures

I say 2 more weeks before harvest, trichs are still a little bit too clear for me still. LoL

8 Likes

Amen. Thats whats up. I cant agree more. Leave it in fakebook. Let the adults have a playground.

Great to see the new growers. Im sorry you had to leave your old stomping ground. You will love the professionalism here.

Welcome to the growers network! Love to see your grow.

6 Likes

I am always here. And like 12 others. I am a tech junkie.

This is by far the best out of them all though. Most are very hard to navigate. Old threads. And outdated info. Some nuggets of gold in there too.

6 Likes

By far, you cats are awesome!!!

8 Likes

Eager to see something green pop throw the soil!! Soon it will be…

9 Likes

Good to see some faces around. :+1:

8 Likes

What you do Ernie…str8 to soil or let em tail up a little longer? If you are soil that is. Ive tried both ways, shit 100 different ways. My last batch of KP, just to try somin new, I went 24hrs soak then right into the soil. Not a big fan because with my OCD it made me check on them everyday and it took maybe 3 or 4 to pop surface. Where as with a nice inch long tap they pretty much pop up the next day. The other way just leaves too much room for me to kill them digging em up and checking on them everyday. LoL

5 Likes

They went straight to soil. The ones that didn’t have a tail may take a day or two more but it should pop. I have been pretty successful starting seeds I would say I am 95%. What I have been doing as of late is to soak the soil before the seed goes in. I try to do it a day or two ahead of time. I leave them in a dome and run my lights for 18hrs on them. They usually pop with in a couple days. This time I decide to use a heating mat set at 70*f. Mostly running it because of where the seedling station is. It would get to chilly when the lights are out.

6 Likes

So I got 5 little sprouts and waiting on the rest to pop. Not bad I soaked seeds on Friday I believe and Tuesday I have little ones started. I going to guess the other should be up today or tomorrow.

5 Likes

Well got my light bulbs for my T5 lights. That I use for my seedlings and clones . Now the little sprouts have better lighting.

this is an old pic but I have a light on top and bottom. I get an updated pic later.

Run 2ft 4 bulb T5. For clones and seedlings I run an 18-6 light schedule.

5 Likes

Update picture just took this one.

Got the clones on top and seedlings on the bottom

9 Likes

GD Bert that’s a real operation you got going on. Very clean and organized - I like it very much. I have a 4’ - 4 bulb t5 I really need to add into my room. Are you running the 6500’s for the clones, or 5k maybe? It looks really good man and that rack has the slots for height adjustment too ya?

6 Likes

Thanks! It was a metal shelf I got from the hardware store. Originally had four shelves but now I use two of the shelves to cover the bottom section. That way I can sex regular plants. When it comes time. The top has plexiglass for doors to help with heat and humidity.

5 Likes

I’m curious if you notice any difference with the coco form of Advanced Nutrients @goodvibes . That’s all I’ve been running for a little over 2 years now in rdwc setup. When I order I’ve always seen the coco version, and always wondered if it made a difference. Good question @mayakid. I just might have to look into that for everyone…
:v:

6 Likes

So the big difference between Advanced Nutrients Coco line and it’s regular line is that the Coco formula has increased amounts of Cal-mag and iron, but decreased amount of potassium. The 1st 3 bind to the coco so AN increased the levels in their formula so plants get enough. Potassium tends to be abundant in coco so they decreased the level in their formula to keep any toxicity issues at bay.
:v:

8 Likes

@poseidon Here is the start! They are just little seedlings so you haven’t missed anything yet.

4 Likes

Awesome :v:t2: Set to watching

5 Likes

I have grown 4 different strains in coco and they all showed cal-mag deficiency and needed it added during grow. I’m going to see if I can get the coco version here and give it a try. I am very pleased with the coco and adding cal-mag. Did my first scrog in coco in a 10g pot. Dried and jarred a tad under 7oz from one plant. Learned a lot. Next one will be heavier.

5 Likes

What up farmers and stoners!!! So we are off to a fairly good start just checked on the seedlings and I have 6 out 8 that are already getting their first true leaf. The 2 that haven’t popped I am not surprised because they didn’t have taproots showing. I have had good luck with no tap root showing. We will see it has only been a day or so that it has been in the soil. I will check again in the morning.

7 Likes

When you are harvesting these seedlings we’ll be thinking about starting an outdoor garden, Spring is just around the corner :wink:

3 Likes