Smokin _ernie Coco coir adventures

I run AN Connoisseur in my Octopots and Air Pots but add 7-10ml of AN Sensi Cal.

Works perfect :v:t2:

4 Likes

@poseidon have you tried micro grow bloom and adding the sensi cal

4 Likes

I always dose with a Calcium/Magnesium supplement, micro nutrients, and a biological stabilizer (Hydroguard) for my hydro grows.

If you look at the AN nutrient calculator, I run the expert level regiment but add the Sensi :v:t2:

4 Likes

Micro Grow Bloom??

4 Likes

Micro grow bloom. Advanced nutrients base nutrients

4 Likes

Gotcha👍🏻 I have always used AN Connoisseur and added the Sensi. I am not sure the exact difference between the base and the connoisseur line…

Curious to know…

Are there AN reps on this forum??

4 Likes

Gee they maybe done around March? I am thinking and yes it will be time to start the outdoor. I figure around April I will start my outdoor stuff. Going to be looking into a early flower plant for this year. I was hoping to get 3 grows before the summer but we will see.

6 Likes

So I have never used the 3 part AN trio. I am big on the ph perfect technology and the Sensi and Connoisseur lines. Both the Sensi and Connoisseur lines have the same 5 part formulas consisting of: Wet Betty, its patented surfactant, Humic acids, and Fulvic acid, 20 broad amino acids for our plants building blocks, and ph perfect technology.
The main difference between Sensi and Connoisseur are the levels at which the nutrients are chelated for our plants absorption.
Connoisseur is chelated at a higher level and has a broader range of ph absorption, so it kind of flies in the face of the standard nutrient ph uptake chart.
That’s why it costs so much…
The great advantage of using AN product’s is they make all their own nutrients and only source out the best precursor to start with.
Most cheap nutrient companies buy their nutrients already made by the cheapest wholesale supplier.

Advanced Nutrients demand has grown past their old level of manufacturing and the supply kind of dried up towards the end of this year.
They choose to upgrade production and did it right, instead of rushing and just trying to get more product out to the public. So things have been in a shorter supply than usual.
But good news is production has been doubled and is now online, so there will be plenty for everyone in 2021 of every size bottles again.

5 Likes

Yeah… I had a $300 order for supplements (B-52, piranha, tarantula, Voodoo Juice, etc) cancel after waiting over a month for the order.

Beyond pissed…

3 Likes

I go through Discount Advanced Nutrients and my contact there gave me a little warning about the short supply coming up and I stocked up and bought extra of all my add-ons and bought 4 liter bottles of base.
I’ll probably only buy my base that way from now on since it comes out to around $25 a liter.
I grow dwc and I’m dead in the water without enough nutrients. Literally…
:v:

3 Likes

Welcome to my Hell. I run Current Culture DWC and Octopot SWC …

I am gonna run four Orange Bud in Coco/Maxx Yield Air Pots this next grow…

I am going to be reviewing HSS nutrients… Maybe the supply side will simmer down by the first quarter of 2021 :v:t2:

3 Likes

Shitty my brother! I’d be pissed waiting on a paid order of nutes I really need. So freaking stressed too!!! :grimacing:
I’ll have to follow your grow review of HSS.
Good growing my friend!
:v:

3 Likes

Shortage?
Oh no

3 Likes

@poseidon I’m thinking about trying jacks.
I’m hearing a lot of good things about it

5 Likes

No doubt… Luckily, I have nutrients from various suppliers I can use till this settles. I am lazy and don’t wanna spend my time PH’ing.

I have been wanting to do a product review of the Taurus Hydro Perfect PH modules that you put in your res. Never had the chance to do so.

I may have to just buy one … :thinking:

4 Likes

Hey farmers stoners and awesome people! Well the weekend is approaching and looks like I will be preparing the coco. Just need to figure out containers and possible get a new tote to help the process.

Compost has been amended for sometime now. The compost is from my own piles. I did purchase a chicken, goat manure compost but that has been incorporated with my current compost piles. I use yard waste like grass clippings and leaves which is my primary. I use Down to Earth to amend the compost. I built some tumblers in my shed that works for mixing and storage of compost. Each barrel contains 10 gallons.

It also helps to have non frozen compost to work with. So at anytime I have 20 gallons of composted amended and ready to go. Just have to ad coco and perlite.

9 Likes

couple more of the barrels

8 Likes

Me too… Like alottle :wink:

4 Likes

So far 6 of the 8 are going strong. The two I am waiting on didn’t have a taproot so I wait a few more days.

6 Likes

these are the (MP)

And the (NC)

7 Likes