Sssportsmfg 2022 Grow log 100% Organic x Runtz x Bruce Banner x Candy Store

3 gallon. 3 is where i like to be

12 Likes

This happened to me not that bad but it still sucked. That’s why I started watering to runoff once a week when the plants start flowering. Before that I usually put about it half inch of water in the bottom of the tray and let them soak it up every once in a while.

8 Likes

I hear ya Hap and Prey. I was really conservative on the water as I didn’t want to over water which is just about the worst thing you can do. So I took what I normally water in coco and then instead of watering till runoff, I tried to use the same figure but spread it out over the same amount of days but a little at a time to do the organic moist all the time senario for “living soil”. I way underestamated how much it would take to keep it moist through and through. And that is exactly what I am planning to do next time Hap is take them off the divits and let them soak it up from the bottom. I never did have any runoff on this grow except when the water would run between the sides of the bag and the dirt. I was also having that problem with the yellow tips and the UVA light, and started watering less thinking that might be it as well. Prey that is normally what my roots look like too. But they don’t grow in desert dry lol.

Thanks!
Marty

8 Likes

I thought that lack of water was going to be a problem way back when you were describing the soil shrinking away from the pot as far as it was was. You know thinking about it, lack of water might’ve been all your problems. With them UV lights on the plants are gonna use a lot more water probably. And not getting it might be what cook them. :man_shrugging::v:t3:

6 Likes

@happilyretired the lack of water sure didn’t help any. But the professor Bugsby has done studies that showed that too much UV will cause exactly the problem of white/yellow tips I had. It went away immediately when I turned off the light. And back then I was actually watering more than shortly after that. I went back through my spreadsheet and looked at my watering and I was watering two to three times as much as before I turned off the lights. But all’s well, I will correct all this on the up and coming grow, more water no UVA till last two weeks of flower. And I have clones !! lol.

Marty

8 Likes

Well a while back I mentioned that I spray all my maters with BBP. I saw a post earlier today by @Dog_Fart1 about spraying his maters with BBP. I have been religiously spraying mine since I put them in and here is a few shots of my cherry tomato plant. If you look back through this grow you will see pictures of it before it got this big. I’m not sure how many tomatoes it has on it, I stopped counting when I hit a little over 200.

I think I will be getting my first one of these right on the forth as the group in the last pic was the first to set, and is finally getting a little yellow color. I am not yet familiar with this heirloom, first time I have grown it. Got it from a Missouri seed company.

Marty

12 Likes

Wow never say never. This morning I decided that hey it sure can’t hurt anything to get the pots all nice and moist all the way down to the bottom, and having about 1-2 weeks left on this grow I said…“self” go ahead and do it. So I did. Watered them in a four step process, a half gallon at a time till I got a slow drip out of the bottom of the pots. Took about 2.5 gal each to get them saturated. Closed up the tent and went about my day working in the garden and then a few beers and a short nap. (hotter than a pistol here today 98). Opened the tent just now and lookie what I saw, they literally bloomed lol…not the proper terminoligy I know…but they did indeed revive some.

New pistols busting out all over…and all of them even the Runtz that I was about to pick.

Me happy lol
Marty

14 Likes

GO PBR , one of the last Original Family Owned brewery’s in the US that isn’t ButtWiper.

Plants look happy as a pig in shit, your toms are rockin…Baker Seeds?

8 Likes

@Dog_Fart1 Dog yep Baker Creek seeds. The one I asked a couple weeks ago that you got right are from them too. German Black tomato. Keep spraying that BBP. Be careful though and not dissing at all, but some plants don’t like it. Try one or two before you spray everything.

And talking about German engineerning…(cause I’m German). Fixed my tons of junk in the rain water a few minutes ago. I used so much water saturating the pots that I had gotten down to where I put the spigot in the 30 gal barrel, so I decided to dump it and clean it out inside and out. While I was at it I modified the top fill hole with a seedling starter bag and a couple of zips. No more shingle grains, sticks and bugs and whatnot in the water. We are supposed to get some rain over the next week (keeping fingers crossed as it’s been real hot and dry). Hopefully I’ll get it filled up pronto.

Marty

11 Likes

Well thats good news there revived. Too bad we couldnt weigh it? Leave it on a scale and keep it a certain wait adding nutrients when it gets lighter.

7 Likes

Oh and thats a great idea. a filter sack to catch da crap you can just empty and reuse or toss and swap in a new one. Those bags are sweet but…im discovering they suck ass after the grows over because they are full of root balls. Gonna have to put them in the trash. No way im burning the bags in the burn barrell. I have to chop the rootball with a shovel a couple directions to get the media off the root clump and bag. Its to the point it is annoying me now. so im going to not use them this grow!

7 Likes

Same thing over here, the last 2 decades. Although now, micro craft beer breweries are more popular than ever, again. We’re going back to what it was, centuries ago!!! A country full of craft breweries! People are fed up over the monopolists :rofl: :+1:

6 Likes

Yep and Prey, they do indeed restrict the roots from forming normally, I can see that just looking at how the roots are all balled up inside, about half get out of the sack the rest don’t. They sure are convienient, for transplanting, but I would never use them again either unless I cut them off and if I did that there is no point in using them in the first place.

Here is the pic of the bud I put up 8 hours later after the moisture saturation of the pots. and one today 1 day later. I won’t even know if there is much difference till I see them side by side when i put them up. I was just curious as to if they were continuing to get more growth. That is the beauty of doing a grow log, you can compair things as they go along and see things you completely forgot about by reading up.

1 day ago …Today

It continues to blow up…Wonder if it’s making new roots too?

Yep it is definetely putting on new growth, not a lot, but for sure it is.

Marty

10 Likes

It’s definitely looking more engorged…:+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

Well good news and bad news a buddy of mine went down on the hwy riding down the great river road. Good news is he is banged up pretty good but alive. In the hospital now probably out in a couple days lost a lot of meat from hand and arms.

5 Likes

Holy frig Marty it’s July 4th not Halloween! Glad he’s alive, but those injuries are :nauseated_face:! Wish him a speedy recovery, this will take a while tho.
:pray:

6 Likes

Yeah pretty gruesome this was at the hospital it was worse when it happened. These are his bike and me taking care of him after he went down.

9 Likes

Well he’s damn lucky to have a friend like you!!! Good on ya! But wheres the ambo? Sure looks severe enough for a 911 intervention.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about your pal man, happy he’s gonna be ok (I hope) with some new features.

I underestimated you bro - You Must be a hard core 1% Mf’er sporting that Pink Tee and Shorts, and hairless stems - out on the Harley’s…

8 Likes

I resemble that !!

Have had hairless stems for about 30 years now !!!
Wore Levi’s everyday and over 40 years they just kinda wore all my stem hair off !!

7 Likes