Sssportsmfg 2022 Grow log 100% Organic x Runtz x Bruce Banner x Candy Store

Clear ones are nymphs, easy to kill no exoskeleton yet, great catch man.

8 Likes

Well Dog…they wern’t nymphs…they were full blown fat little pig Aphids…but almost clear, whitesh clear. Like I said have never seen them that color before, but they definetely were not babies.

Marty

10 Likes

Yep, well you got em. Lots of different flavors, like all bugs we see 3 or 4 up here. Girls Butterfly Milkweed out back is always covered in these fluorescent yellow with black legs ones they’re actually kinda cool, the lady bugs feast on em, usually we see a monarch caterpillar or 2 when a plant is infested. So, I suppose like everything, they have their place too.

9 Likes

Whats happened to your garden? Your weed plants are looking good atleast.

7 Likes

Just end of the year, and a crappy weather year. That plus spotted cucumber beetles. AND I just discovered where all my tomatoes are going. RATS. The Mexicans next door with 4 chicken coups and 40 chickens and all that crap and eggs and mess have created a rat haven. They are climbing the vines and eating the tomatoes. Yesterday I went out to look see if I had any…and a rat was in the vines. I tried my best just to ignore the mess they were making and be a tolerant neighbor but not when they bring rats into the neighborhood. Time to call the city and get their farm enterprise down to the level that is allowed which is 4 chickens and NO roosters, of which they also have 4, non stop crowing from before dawn till dark.

Marty

9 Likes
8 Likes

I take a hot glue gun and glue these things down on a piece of 2 x 4 and slide it under my shed. My shed sits right next to my chicken coop. Doing this a couple of times a year solved all my rodent problems. I’ve never found a dead one but the bait gets ate and there’s no sign of them anywhere. I have dogs and they’ve never brought me a dead one either.

7 Likes

Thanks Hap! My city will give you the poison for free, but they won’t put it down. (liability). It took me 5 years last time to get rid of these things. They are huge Norwegian rats. I shot one with a pellet gun a few years back that was running down my fence line…damn thing was 14" long

Marty

7 Likes

Well this should take care of them. Fairly quickly too. I think I got it at Home Depot or Lowe’s probably Home Depot. I just take a hot glue gun crank it up high. Get a 2 x 4 or something similar footer too long, put a big glob of hot glue on the 2 x 4 impress one of these little square things down. The glue pushes up through the hole. This prevents them from carrying it anywhere. Wouldn’t want another animal like a dog or a cat to get this stuff. Anyways, I put about 10 of them on a board and slide it under my shed I also put one under my container. If you can fit the 2 x 4 in there the rat can get in there. You just want it tight enough for your dog or cat can’t get to it. :+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

Well got those damn translucent Aphids on my inside grow too. Just sprayed the whole tent down with Lost Coast Plant therapy. Keeping fingers crossed. First bugs I have ever had in my tent other than fungus gnats. Also first time I ever brought plants in from outdoors to indoors. Should’a dipped them completely upside down in a bucket of insectacide.

Marty

10 Likes

How do you like the luxx? I LOVE the clone lights from luxx im gonna buy some more. And for thrips montery garden spray will zap them instantly! I had some 3 weeks ago and they started getting everywhere…we get em every year outside in the garden and eventually they get inside but there toast now. Mites are trickier to deal with.

6 Likes

A cheap, non toxic way to rid rats is to mix baking soda and cornbread mix, leave it for the rats to eat and they will die.

Rats can’t burb or fart so you can imagine what the baking soda does to them.

The cornbread mix is just so they’ll eat it.

Good luck with those giants! :v:.

8 Likes

So a few boxes of jiffy mix and a couple of boxes of baking soda and I’ve got exploding rats ? Lol.

Marty

8 Likes

Snake skin works as a deterrent. Needs to be fresh.

6 Likes

Where does one acquire a snake skin?..or did you mean?
Snake Plissken

7 Likes

I would go to a pet store. I have reptile shops here. I used to raise them. I would throw my skins under the house. Seemingly never had a mouse issue. Lol. Also the last one was a 12’ red tail boa. Lots of skin. Lol

6 Likes

Very small update…just got home from work. This is just a preliminary review on the FlaVue that I have been feeding my plants in a 100% organic soil and nutrient mix. Same everything, all clones from the same plant, same soil mix with the exception of one which did NOT get the FlaVue from Ventana nutrients. All have been religiously sprayed with @TheMadFlascher 's BBP since even before the clones got roots in the aeroponic cloning machine.

I am hoping that you can see the difference in the color as this LUXX light and it’s yellowish light does not take true to color photos like the Durolux 5500 K lights did.

So here goes on the pic…the rearmost plant is ONE of the two that have been getting the FlaVue at 3ml per gallon.

Ok it is showing the difference. This is an early review…but the FlaVue IS making the two plants that are getting it grow greener so obviously they are taking up more nutrients. If the write up on this is as good as they say and the tests and reviews are real by the growing houses and the terpenes and THC is up these will be some rocking plants. 14% stronger is a LOT. So I am getting excited about this test, and a great big Thumbs up to @NateCannaCribs for sending me this quart sample to try out on my clones.

And my sole plant outside is flat ass rocking it, it is also getting weekly BBP and daily FlaVue.

And my weekend begins…!

Marty

12 Likes

Prey it seems to be doing an ok job, but certainly not stellar in my opinion. One major problem I already see is the the light is not at all even across the tent like the three Durolux were. The plants in the tent are mountain shaped high in the middle and low on the ends of the small dimension of the light. The two plants in the middle receiving considerable more light than the 4 plants on the end of the rows.

In order to even them out you would have to do a three day rotation moving the middle to one end then the other end to the middle to keep the plants the same height. Too much work. It wouldn’t be bad if you only had 4 plants in the 5x5 tent but with 6 plants it’s just too crowded to easily do a rotation like that.

The plants don’t seem to be as green as normal even though I upped the nutes 100% on the Gaia Green this grow, and doubled the organic content of worm castings and compost. If it was the only thing I changed I could attribute it to the light but a whole bunch of different things changed on this grow. Pearlite content, more coco in the mix, double the nutes, and for the first time addition of humic acid to the water every third watering. And also the first time I have ever grown clones. Then heap having to spray them multiple times with bug killer to get rid of these damn aphids surely isn’t helping the health of the girls.

And on that note my experience so far with the Lost Coast Plant therapy isn’t a good one. Have sprayed three time now on the inside girls and still have aphids….greatly reduced in numbers but still quite a few. Outside it worked fine for whatever reason used it on the same exact aphids one time and it either killed them or they hightailed it out of Dodge lol. Haven’t seen anymore outside. Inside is proving to be more difficult to be rid of them.

Marty

9 Likes

Get yourself a light rail. Move the light not the plants. If you want to use less light cover more canopy it’s the way to go. I love mine… :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Yep light movers are cool and ive be contemplating one also for my other tent.
@happilyretired what light rail do you have? Got a link? I held back because i dont want more electricity use.

8 Likes