Starting a Cannabis Club

I thought some you growmies would be interested in listening to the youtube video that was published by the canna club. Its a legal loophole ( voluntary association or Stokvel ) that South Africans are using to setup private adult spaces and social clubs for adults to grow, consume cannabis. I am not so much of a legal mind, but this all seems legit and you might be able to use this as an example. Our cannabis industry is fairly similar to the Spanish model and their club model, so it might just work in your country.

7 Likes

A great podcast about cannabis clubs, Myrtles Rant, and a powerful beautiful woman who just says how it is. Why should these settings not be legal? #fieldsofgreenforall

Currently an appeal in court, The Haze Club, has been fighting for the “legalisation” of private clubs, this is also another cannabis club model which were raided a couple years ago and been fighting the system ever since.

8 Likes

A Cannabis Social Club, sometimes called a Teapad is a model of legal regulation of the Cannabis market. Established as non-profit organisations in which Cannabis is cultivated and enjoyed collectively.

8 Likes

A unique cannabis public policy and industry experiment is ramping up in Malta where non-profit adult-use cannabis clubs are expected in the near future. Starting next week, Malta’s government will begin accepting applications for non-profit adult-use cannabis clubs. The European nation became just the third country on earth to pass a national adult-use legalization measure in late 2021, with only Uruguay (2013) and Canada (2018) proceeding Malta. Non-profit cannabis clubs will serve as the backbone of Malta’s adult-use industry, and this week the nation’s Home Affairs Ministry reportedly entered into discussions with an unnamed ‘main bank’ that will be needed to help Malta’s emerging industry reach its full potential. Source

9 Likes

nice I could be a Zoom member :wink:

8 Likes

Hey I need to update this post, been building a cannabis club on my farm, we launch in April. Building, growing, painting and building new roads. Maybe a livestream feed @dequilo .

6 Likes

With no budget we are building a pub/living room area for club members, still need 100 block bricks to complete the building side of things and about a bin full of rocks to clad the fireplace. But here is our current development, still work in progress.

7 Likes

Looks like a spot where I would love to hang around for a while! Great work @chrisj. Hope the club is coming together well!

6 Likes

It’ll all come together and be soild just like the buidling blocks. No buget the skys the limit. Old school country bars vibe.

6 Likes

Thanks gents, yes that is the vibe. I am possibly looking at getting a craft beer license too, they are fairly cheap here and means I can brew and sell beer. The Cannabis club is being sponsored to me via the cannaclub.co.za, and they have already thrown alot of resources our way.

https://theweedtube.com/video/inside-the-uk-s-cannabis-clubs---the-truth-behind-cannabis-clubs-68197

6 Likes

Craft beer :beer: around stoners, tailor made :yum:
Business will be rocking. Cant wait to watch this bloom and flourish.

6 Likes

Sorry bro, i dont know much about this and what they give out but all sounds positive. I’m open to learn abit more about that sort of stuff.

6 Likes

Exactly, I would like to share more as it seems Spain, South Africa, UK and many other countries are heading the cannabis social club route for adults. Just something that could work for someone else. Its a very hot topic here in SA at the moment. We have about 6 social clubs attending and vendoring at the Bathurst Agricultural Show . Its a conservative farmers expo, and this year we have the privilege of having a smoking tent, with a free dispensing bar, flower and dab. Insane.

6 Likes

Thats good news. Any idea when the social clubs becoming to Britain?
I see your social club crossing the pond…

6 Likes

They are already in Britain, but alot more underground. Similar situation in Australia.

6 Likes