Starting my mother plants to produce many cuttings

Couple of days ago i took around 25cutting from 3plants, this time i used a planting tray and filed one third of the bottom of every hole with perlite only and toped it with coco

I placed them in my dome, at first the looked welted, after a day the looked ok except 2-3of them, but after 2days they all tipped over except 5of them

So as usual i panicked, watered them and saw no difference, so i put them in front of my fan to get the coco dry, but they looked worse then before

So finally i had to make a choice of leaving them like that or take them out and put them in the aero cloner , which i toke the second route

Humidity was right on spot, ph also, nothing out of the ordinary

any thoughts on that?
Did i make the right choice?

3 Likes

What all did u put in the water u had the cuts soaking in ?? Did u use a clonex solution like u would in a cloner.? Did u try and feed them a feed?? I would not feed them a feed til they establish some kind of roots if that was the case. Ive never really done any cuts in any way besides in a cloner whether it was homemade or bought. I jave 100% root rate using ro water and clonex solution and i dip the cuts in clonex gel as soon as i snip it off the plant i dip it then into water. It does wash off the clonex but seems to help alot on wilting here. I get wilt if i dont dip them but they stay strait if i dip them right away. The gel has a hormone in it but i think alot has to do with it sealing the inner if the stem so no air or mi imal air is sucked up into the stem. This is just ny take from taking cuys from all my plants and how i see things happen doing this or that.

3 Likes

Well i’ll make my cut and right away i put the cutting in water, after I’m done taking many i leave them soak in water for a day the i take one by one make a small scratches on it then dip in clonex right away then either aero cloner or soil.

3 Likes

So did i make the right decision?

3 Likes

I always cut dip and put in cup til cloner is all set up and going then i do cloner asap. If u put in water do clonex first then water and no scrapong unless a harder woodsy stem scraping may be doing harm after u let it soak a day.

3 Likes

My cutting roots are taking too long to grow

Im talking about the clones which have already rooted in the cloner and i have planted them in soil

3 Likes

What soil is it need a good aerated soil

3 Likes

Just wondering if you sorted a grow light out, I build my own using led bulbs and I wouldn’t swap them for the best led’s on the market, using less than 250w per m2, 5 weeks in flower.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your setup

4 Likes

What do ubset the ph tonfor the coco ones. Soil is 6.5 to 6.8 coco is 5.7 to 6.2. 5.8 being a great number to feed coco

3 Likes

Hi guys,
This is an update on my cuttings process with many questions to ask

4 Likes

So far i’ve taken 450 cuttings

Everything is looking ok

Replanted the mother plants into bigger pots

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Nice. Make sure to keep them clear cups in a colored cup or tape over them aluminum foil something to keep the light from getting the roots

3 Likes

Also if u repot thos bury the stems and all like an inch below the first leaves. Will help build a steonger base for the plant as it roots at the stem there also.

4 Likes

Really, i dint know that

Can you tell me why?

3 Likes

Nice
Ok
I will keep that in mind

3 Likes

Another question is when im taking my cuttings should i go below the node or above it

Ive done it both and they all worked

3 Likes