Stay sick! **WEEKLY VIDEO UPDATES**

I can’t believe you decided to do them both that late either. I bet you were dead tired when you went to bed. At least you got it all done though. And I know what you mean about that smell by the time I’m done trimming I’m actually lightheaded from that smell. Feels like I smoked a big fat doobie

4 Likes

Tired indeed. Hovering over the coffee pot all day…I WILL lol the smell went from that fruity diesel to a nauseating dead skunk smell lol but yes, at least it’s all done. I guess I went ahead and did it so they could both be on fairly the same drying timeline. Which is my next big hurdle since I run my tent ventilation so high to keep the temps down.

4 Likes

Just keep an eye on them you may have to jar them sooner than others beings your fans are turned up so high. I think my last one dried in about 4 days which was quick.

3 Likes

Yeah I have read 10 to 14 days. Or when the stems break in the middle of a bud(lab masterclass).

4 Likes

They should have some give but snap b4 u can bend stalk at 45°

5 Likes

Damn, I am seeing double. LOL !

5 Likes

Welcome my freind .don’t worry if u can’t see we will help u :wink:

5 Likes

BasicNearBlackbuck-size_restricted

Welcome @zparkie2 glad to see you here :grin:

4 Likes

I love straightforward answers. Thank you!!!

3 Likes

Thank you @missiles I am just starting 12/12 on my 5x5 tent.

7 Likes

That is awesome! If you start a journal here please tag me in I would love to follow along and again I’m so glad you made it over :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, was thinking I did such a bad job on my journal, my first ever organic grow, going to be harvesting them in a week or so, then start a super soil mix.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to see! And if you got a harvest then you didn’t do too bad of a job :wink:

4 Likes

I will post over there my harvest soon, thinking of doing a journal which will start at flower with my new DIY lights and the 2 clones, and 3 from seeds. One seed my brother gave me said it was a mac daddy, never heard of before and that plant is like way different. almost feels like an artificial plant, very stout, I have topped her again and then switched to 12/12 so hoping I didn’t mess up there, it is a photo.

2 Likes

So you are chopping down the whole plant? or cutting branches and hanging them? I was wondering about drilling the stem, icing them down, or darkness for 48 hours, I can never do that because I would have one ready and the others not. LOL ! So I just make sure I chop not too long after lights come on, and don’t water for a few days on the plant going.

3 Likes

No problem my friend anytime

3 Likes

I drilled my stem, tried ice baths on one plant to see if it worked, hands down, yes it worked. I took a picture before and after of the same cola to compare. It is night and day difference. I didn’t do 48 hours but I did 24 of dark. And as for cutting the whole plant, this was my first harvest so the first plant I took branches off and then cut, which to me was a hassle. So the second plant I just left standing and trimmed the whole thing while it was still alive. The second way I had alot more control and could use both hands to maneuver the buds.

4 Likes

I guess I’m going to have to break down and do this on a next Harvest now that I know it showed you better results. Thank you for sharing that :wink:

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure most of you guys have seen the comparison but for the sake of seeing it in 3D

Same cola, no filters, and took both pictures in the dark with my flash on.

BEFORE

AFTER 3 ICE BATHS
Once every 3 days at 30 minutes before lights out

9 Likes

Wow! Okay then LOL nobody has ever shown proof like that before it was always here say and now that I see it I’m definitely a believer. When did you drill the stem how far out TimeWise?

3 Likes