Sweet's Journal

Nice job topin that plant. Looking real good. Your drying box is kind of cool to. If you have low humidity where you’re at you might want to put another piece of cardboard over the top. You can move it over and open a little bit if you think you need to for a little air movement, but it will slow it down so it doesn’t dry too fast I try to go at least seven days before I trim and bag.

Looking good. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

9 Likes

Looks :+1:. Awesome sauce :heart_eyes::grin::grinning:

4 Likes

Learning defoliation. I felt like she needed it. I hope I did ok. No turning back now.

Before

After

7 Likes

i dont defol much. so not an expert but why did you leave the little stuff at the bottom? it kills me to take the leaves but i see a lot of plants get stripped from the bottoms. i think its called lolli popping?

3 Likes

It may be inexperience, but I really just took what I thought needed to come off, to open it up like all the info I’ve found says. Some videos they take it off some don’t. I kinda agreed that she looked naked so I left a bit. They should get bigger now that the light is getting in there and become more bud sites. I might end up taking more, but I also didn’t want to stress her out too much at one time.

3 Likes

When the plants are vegging I don’t usually remove too much until they get a little bigger. It all depends on your grow space how much height you have. At this point or stage of the plants life its using photosynthesis quite heavily. So it’s producing energy from the leaves. I Usually do heavier defoliation’s a week or two before switching to flower. Before that I usually just remove large leaves that are covering lower branches selectively. The more you take at this point of your plants growth The more time it’s gonna take to heal and the longer your veg time is going to be.
On auto flowers most people that grow them recommend not removing too much. A lot of times people growing auto flowers tuckk their leaves underneath, rather than trimming them.

6 Likes

That’s great info. My little Mickey kush (auto) baby needs to catch up a bit. I’m keeping this one (GMO) in veg until little Mickey is ready to flower. I don’t plan to top or trim Mickey much.

3 Likes

thanks hap!

2 Likes

Not much to update. My girls are just vegging out. They look happy.

7 Likes

I’d like to thank all of you for your help and guidance while I learn. I checked on my girls drying from outside. The stems snap made a nice noise so I moved them into jars. I’m “burping” them, but I just had to taste! They smell and taste decent! I’m pleasantly surprised it’s not horrible. Does it have seeds? Yes. It’s it perfect? No. But I’m pleased with my first grow, it wasn’t disastrous.

So here’s my humble little haul. 49 grams between the three plants. Happy birthday to me! Haha! (Monday)

Maui mango haze, 25 grams.

~

GG4, 10 grams.

~

Ancestral skunk, 14 grams. I think this one was closest to the boys before I caught them and looks the seediest of the bunch.

~

An ounce an three quarters. I can be proud of that. I’ll do my best to continue to improve.

12 Likes

be proud girl! doesnt matter the haul. you did it! congrats! :100: :100: :green_heart:

8 Likes

Thanks! @pptrsha1

4 Likes

That’s super cool. They look fabulous. Nice and sparkly. I’d smoke it for sure! Whatcha planting next?

5 Likes

Thanks! It’s cooling down so nothing more outdoors this season. I plan to do more outdoors in spring. For now I just have the two girls inside.

6 Likes

Why stop now? Aren’t u in a state that doesn’t get frost in the winter? For us in az the grow season is just beginning now that we’re passed the intense heat

4 Likes

We do get frosts and even some snow here in zone 8a. The nights are too cold. I could with some effort, if I dug in a bit. Maybe in the future. I’ve got lots of plans.

7 Likes

Nice work girl always exciting to have your own hard grown weed. To many people have no clue how hard it is to grow really good weed. Its not hard per se but it takes a lot of work and effort. Thats why lots of people try and grow weed and fail and just give up. If your serious you will try again and again and learn to do it. When i started out there was only hightimes. We were 16 yr olds and started growing at my friends house because his mom was cool about it. For years I have been growing but for many years I could not grow. Because i rented my places i lived. But i got really serious about growing 4yrs ago. Got some property that i own and went back at it.

7 Likes

I’ve been watching New Mexico going this way for awhile. That’s one of the reasons why we bought property in Aug of 2019. My hubby and I have other gardening dreams as well. We’ll get there even through struggles. I don’t quit easily.

7 Likes

Nice keep it up! :+1:

6 Likes