Testing by preybird1 - Perma Clone Collars

Ok this is some weird slowwww rooting happening. The more i think about it, tmThe more it makes me wonder if the clonex looses potency ove time. And how fast does that occur. Does it happen after the seal is broken for the first time? Shelf life?

Slowest clones i have ever seen. Weird??

9 Likes

I just finished off my last bottle a while back I had no problems and I opened it two years ago. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Hmm i been using this bottle a year. Its been 16 days and normally in 7 days i got really nice roots? These are about to have lots of roots. I need some more clonex nutrients. I just got a bigger bottle of the clonex gel yesterday.

6 Likes

I don’t know how to do links, so here’s a picture of a very good article. It’s been a minute since I read it you might everything you need right there. Try looking up this article it’s a good one.

2 Likes

Here ya go. On the page your looking at, at the top search bar just LONG PRESS the web address to make the link paste come up.

4 Likes

@happilyretired well 2 things i just read. Lights not close enough. This could be it because i have taller plants in there keeping the light off the clones. But i like the part where they said to cycle the pump off for a little to stimulate the roots more because these sure are calluses and starting to root now.

Interesting thanks happy.
Got some new clone lights to test. I might make a clone only section in my other nursery.

11 Likes

I’ve actually talked to a few people recently about this that use that type of cloner and until now I didn’t realize that they use timers and only ran up for 15 minutes every hour with lights are on. It makes perfect sense. Anyways through a timer on it and see what’s up. :+1:t3:

8 Likes

It would be a good test of sorts. The more i sit here the more im sure the lights the issue because the lights like 1 foot above the clones. And i normally have it a fews inches above the clones. Well great more testing to do lol. I like testing stuff. Thanks happy :+1:

10 Likes

I run mine 15 on 15 off and have had good success. But I agree it might be the light height.

5 Likes

Ok this is some weird shit! I cannot belive this! :eyes: were sitting at 28 days! 28 days since i cloned these. I finally got some roots. And theres more coming but what in thee hell is going on here?
So this update is 11 days after the last one.

The base stems are looking rediculous.

14 Likes

Holy shit.

7 Likes

That is some insane rooting. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like that yet. :+1:t3:

7 Likes

I was talking to another breeder and cloner and he was trying to say its because it wasnt steralized. I almost laughed at him when he said that. I told him that i generally can root out clones in 7 days. And he asked me how long i was running the system. I said 4yrs! And he said oh wow your lucky. And i was like lucky? I document every cloning i do. Lucky has nothing to do with it. Then he said that you have to steralize the clone system every time and started trying to poke holes in cleaning of the system trying to blame that. Then i showed him 2 yrs of rooted clones and he shut right up!. Because i asked him how can these take so long when i have cloned these same strains over and over for years and i have picture proof! His un steralized theory was negated instantly. I mean i have run after run after run done exactly the same way over years and never had an issue. And i do clean the cloner everytime. I disassemble it entirely and use a dishsoap and bleach mix and hand scrub every piece of the cloner all the collars, I take apart the pump and clean it with tiny brushes.

11 Likes

Plant them puppies. Plant them in clear solo cups so we can watch the roots. It would be kind of interesting to see The way they progress.

Probably never know what happened. Might never see it again. I think the main thing here is even though it took a little longer they were successful and on goes The strains. :+1:t3:

8 Likes

Those roots look crazy :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Monkey slapz lower buds.

14 Likes

Beautiful buds!

9 Likes

Ok here we go again! Goji crasher and a white caviar x white Runtz clone

7 Likes

Ok we got decent roots now ill wait a few more days. This strain i really really like a lotttttt. This plant in particular is absolutely Huge! Im going to “STS” this plant and make some fems. And as i do that im putting all these clones onto my Big 10x10 tent. I almost have it finished to my liking and im going to do a big flower run! I just need another wall mounted Fan for this tent. I finally got this tent set up with 2 luxx xr860 pros! Then i linked them to the light controller very cool! I took the Foshe out and im going to move it into the 4x8 tent.

9 Likes

Mondays roots. Now there down into the water and below the sprayers. Ill be transplanting them today.

11 Likes