The art of cloning

So i have found recently that my biggest struggle is cloning… man ive done clonex, ive done putting them in water and changing water everyday. And im currently attempting a tray with a dome and rockwool cubes…

Someone help a brotha out. Whats the secret sauce to good clones…

On a completely different note. Im on a strain hunt. So if anyone has some good genetics available. Please reach out.

11 Likes

@PreyBird1 is the man for genetics :dna: and most of your cloning needs

13 Likes

make yourself a bubble cloner :slight_smile: they work so well

they give me 100% roots 100% of the time

as long as your turn on the air pump :wink:

be safe and think spring

Dequilo

14 Likes

You got any how to videos??

12 Likes

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/37466-cloners-cloning-and-clones/

a build thread from somewhere else :slight_smile:

a how to from 2008

all the best

Dequilo

12 Likes

Can you briefly explain your MO when taking clones?

10 Likes

My modus operandi, would be continuing a genetic that i like. The story is, my wife and i went to michigan for our “honeymoon,” after being married october 30th. On our trip i bought a really nice ounce from loudpax farms of some blueberry haze. In that ounce we found one seed. And it germinated. Its female, id like to continue that strain.

12 Likes

hey @midwestcc420

I think @MrMonkey420 was asking what is the method you use to clone, e.g do you sterilize your blade before take the cuttings etc. Sounds like a memorable strain you have going, I am sure you will get the cloning technique right.

Below is a nice topic with more information about cloning from the pro’s.

12 Likes

@MrMonkey420
Now i understand a little better. Thank you @chrisj
So i guess sterilization could be my issue. I just use my normal trimmers. Cut at an angle to expose as much tissue as i can. Soak in spring water until i dip them in clonex and drop them in a water soaked rockwool cube.

12 Likes

Check out this thread about cloning.
@midwestcc420

14 Likes

Correct…

9 Likes
9 Likes

So i just wanted to fill all those in who helped me learn a little about cloning…
Under the advisement of our friend @PreyBird1 i went ahead and bought me a little 24 site cloning machine. I believe its a psycloner. And even though i really did not need any more plants at the moment. For the sake of curiosity. I took a few cuttings and here is the outcome.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

14 Likes

nice bright white roots :slight_smile: well done

10 Likes

Awsome. Im going through the same thing rn. Taking a page from this thread and running with it. Great info THANK YOU!

10 Likes

Let em go a little longer and those roots will feather out. Then plant them and the vigor will impress you. And the 2nd set of clones is my favorite to use for flowering. If your super picky take the same looking shoots of the plant as clones and they will be more uniform. Take a few clones of different shoots of different shapes or angles. And watch how they change when they start to grow after rooting. You can pick the ones that are almost identical in shape and branching and make a very uniform grow out the similar plants. I love to clone to mother. Each baby clone is a new mother. I like to reclone my garden every 45-60 days. That way i can grow perpetually and have the same strains in 3 stages of growth. That way i always more of the same plants. So if im breeding it nice to have other strains on hand to make something new with an old cut of some fire and see what i can get out of it.

15 Likes

See now @PreyBird1 you done did it now… you talked me into buying this cloner. I watched them roots flourish in just 2 weeks. I already have 20 plants out and i took 10 cuts last night because i was doing some defloliation anyways and thought what the heck…

Im just getting a little practice in because i finally got the grow room set up. Floor put in. And trellis poles established. So i have a 5x5 tent for additional vegging space. A 4x4 tent for mothers. And 8x8 flowering room. So now i just have to dial in the cycle. My next investment will be for a bigger light and a environment controller. I’ll be looking to get a big bar led light.

12 Likes

I love to clone. I csn make a rooted plant in 7 days.

9 Likes