TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

Those nugs look nice man!,:facepunch:t3::sunglasses:

9 Likes

Thank you! @ultrapuff and @st0na

9 Likes

I actually scrubbed it down, then misted down with hypochlorous acid before I packed it up for my move.

8 Likes

There is a shipper in Canada called Canpar. I’m not sure if anyone has used them before but they are pretty terrible. They lose a fairly large percentage of shipments. Almost every time I have a shipping problem it’s canpar. It’s common for them to send you a tracking number that doesn’t update for weeks after reaching their warehouse. It’s because they have either misplaced or completely lost the package. If they can find it within a few months they ship it to you if not you have to contact the seller. The package they have misplaced this time around they were unable to locate with a live agent. When giving details of the shipping contents ( brand name, type, size, number of bottles, value ect) also I have them the weight and size of package and they requested more info to find a package in their own warehouse.

8 Likes

I got a pair of method sevens today, I got to use an affiliate discount but I would have bought them either way. They are pretty sweet, I have some regular polarized sunglasses to do a comparison. The method seven glasses make the colour of the plants pop and I can see much better with them on then without. No problems looking into the darkest most dense parts of the canopy and no problem looking at buds a few inches from my light bar that I can’t actually see properly without eye protection because I have to squint so hard.

The polarized glasses hurt my eyes to use in the tent to the point that I used to go without eye protection hence why I was looking at method seven in the first place. The polarized glasses also mess with the color of the plants and it’s very difficult to see the darker areas of the canopy. It hurts to look at top colas with them on and I still need to “safety squint”.

Why am I using eye protection at all? The flower light pretty much shines right in my eyes. The thing is so bright with all the reflective materials in the tent bouncing it back at you. After taking pictures for a while or working on the plants I see spots while my vision tries to adjust back to normal light. There is also alot of eye strain besides it is generally not healthy to work around such bright light with no eye protection.

Also if the price is a problem I was going through my emails the other day and saw that they sent me a few large sale offers over the years. It seems once every year or so they do a 50% off sale

8 Likes

That’s complete Bullshit…
Canpar should be avoided, and I would definitly post a review on their website.
I know it costs more, but I rely on UPS FedEx… I don’t have time to deal with chickenshit deliveries !

Glad you got the glasses…you’re probably now sorry you waited so long!
You only have one pair of eyes…taking care of them is priority one !

9 Likes

It’s hard to show the difference through my phone camera but these two pics give an idea #1 method seven #2 polarized sunglasses

10 Likes

Got the next round of cement shoes clones started tonight.

I still have a mothers of PoTG, Hindsight and Deleted scene going. I really need to pick two to cut from rotation but there all good so it’s not easy lol. The cement shoes stands out from the rest so it’s not on the chopping block. It’s got the strongest smoke so far, strong terps and great yields as a bonus. Hindsight is strong smoke but less terps and good yeild. POTG seems the same strength as hindsight maybe a bit less but it has strong and unique terps like grape candy. Deleted Scene is still flowering so I’m not sure how she stacks up yet but I like to keep clones of everything I flower Incase it ends up being a winner.

10 Likes

Yeah i have the led + method seven glasses and the led ones.

7 Likes

Me too

Almost went blind due to narrow angle glaucoma and RA in eyes.

After four operations, risk of immediate blindness almost completely reduced and glaucoma reduced to open angle.

Don’t fuck around with your eyes. My Maui Jim glasses are ophthalmologist recommended and cut Uv IR, but Method Seven don’t darken my perception of the plants. I always wear protective glasses

10 Likes

Yes i like there motto “Don’t grow blind”
apiw7hkbm__80452

I keep 4 pairs of glasses on hand and actually i could use another pair!

10 Likes

Always with the shades…

Those are great looking clones @treetrunks

11 Likes

Looking good @Slym3r I especially like your hoodie. are you selling these merch?

8 Likes

Going to repost my discount code for Method Seven Incase anyone needs it : TREETRUNK for 15% off if there are any problems please msg me and I will contact the company

7 Likes

Also canpar still can’t find my package lol day 3.

7 Likes

Thank you @Slym3r I’ve been sticking to the same recipe since @PreyBird1 helped me out a while back. The before and after difference is night and day.

7 Likes

What does everyone use to clean/sanitize their scissors? I was using isopropyl alcohol mainly just because of the resin but I read that it doesn’t kill hlvd and the person recommend soaking in a bleach solution. The blades on my chikmasas are stainless so I am a little worries about corrosion. I have a bunch of hypochlorous but that can also react with stainless from what I can find.

I don’t have hlvd I just figure if it’s not killing that maybe it’s not killing some other things as well.

6 Likes

I just use isopropyl alcohol in a scissors scrubber box. They are really awesome and just do not leave alcohol in it all dirty. It will be trouble later. But i have 12 pairs of trimmers and 6 more new ones ismn the inventory. But as i keep trimming and the trimmers gum up i just swap to a clean set and keet going. When im done i take all the trimmers apart and clean each piece. I scrape them with a scalpel and the i use the scrubber box and reassemble them and put them 8n there place.

5 Likes

Gosh Tree,
I believe if your scissors are Stainless Steel, there is nothing you can purhase that will corrode Stainless…I have a Stainless Steel 3000 gal batch tank in my plant…

I consistently put 85% Phosphoric acid, and even 67% Nitric Acid in that tank on a regular basis with absolutely no ill effects. (Nitric is some VERY ACTIVE s***!

Cleaning scissors with sap/terp gum build up is very easily accomplished with Acetone…You can usually find acetone in your hardware store, usually with the paint thinners…

You are correct…Hydrogen peroxide or alcohols do not kill viruses (hplvd) . Hypochlorous ABSOLUTELY does…hope it helps !

8 Likes

Chlorine will corrode stainless…304/316 at least (short term volatility will evap. for general cleaning). but long contact/soak - no. Nitric is used to to repassivate it.

6 Likes