TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

Got the G8600 today it was super easy to put together, it uses clip on style bars instead of the nut and bolt style on my SE5000. It’s way faster and less confusing this way.

8 Likes

G8600 got put in the tent today, running it at 80% and watching the plants closely the next few days. Par meter is on the way next orders will be the CO2 monitor. It was a really tight fit getting it into the 2x4

9 Likes

Ordered a trol master beta 8 today, it will be able to measure CO2 for me and if needed control a bottle or burner. I’m pretty excited to get some par and CO2 measurements

8 Likes

The clone I was hoping for hasn’t showed up yet so I had to plant my backup, this next round will be a double deleted scene instead of one day and the blue glue clone. Hoping to still get the blue glue for some future runs, the person who was sending it has been going through alot the past week and he’s sending it for free so no hard feelings about the timeline

8 Likes

Also so far the detachable driver has been helping alot to keep the tent temps in range as well. When I was running the Meijiu without the detachable drivers I was having alot of trouble keeping temps down. The SE 5000 also had detachable drivers but was less wattage

8 Likes

I’ve had another shipping mishap lol I have Really bad luck with shipping. I think I may have recieved a class project for a local school boards class project. I have contacted the shipper and receiver and everythings been straightened out now. Hopefully they can’t look up my school records :rofl: I was a terrible student but I’m glad these are going to the right place maybe they’ll help get someone interested in growing their own plants in the future even if it’s vegetables :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I got the trol master beta 8 CO2 monitor/controller today my ppm are pretty low 592 range . I want to watch it to see what Im averaging over the next few days and look into getting a bottle setup. I’ll look into burners too but I think that’s going to be a overkill for my little setup

8 Likes

If you want to freak, yourself out, set it up in your bedroom. Check it write it down when you go to bed and then when you wake up, write that number down. I think you’re gonna be surprised. :v:t3::+1:t3:

8 Likes

I don’t know how you’re set up but here’s a little information for you if you’re gonna go CO2.
It’s kind of expensive. Small scale that is for sure. To keep your levels high enough where you need them to be to really see a difference. You gotta have a fully self-contained room. In other words, the CO2 doesn’t go out. You don’t have an exhaust fan going out of your room. You set up heat AC and dehumidifier or humidifier depending on where you’re at. I ran it in an 8 x 12 room. I had an AC running lights running, dehumidifier running. The time in which I was doing this, it was costing more to run that room than the my whole house. I did it for two grows and really didn’t notice much of a difference other than the cost.
I’m sure it’s worked wonders for some people somewhere it just didn’t do much for me. Just thought I’d share this with you and maybe save you a few bucks. I really feel if it made that big of a difference you would see a huge amount of people doing it. And you really don’t. :v:t3:

MAANNN… my dog just ripped one…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

@happilyretired Thank you that’s probably one of the most honest and helpful reviews of CO2 I’ve seen. The bottles are also looking like a nightmare to try and get refilled in my area. It doesn’t seem like you can get full ones dropped off to me easily. Some of the places near me will only refill their own bottles, up to 60+ tax for a 20lb refill or have a system where you drop off your bottle and pick it up a few days to a week later.

The hydro shop by my old place had a great refill swap system that seemed reasonably priced but I’m about an hour away now instead of a few blocks. I’ll try asking the local hydro shop if they refill them/get them swapped next time I’m in. The local hydro shop doesn’t really do any online stuff like orders or product listing which is kinda sad because it’s going to be hard for them to compete.

9 Likes

Have you tried on bags that are rotting or something and they make CO2? I’ve seen a few people with very nice grow’s going using those.

9 Likes

I haven’t tried the CO2 bags yet I’ve seen sort of mixed reviews on whether or not they can raise the levels enough

8 Likes

I use the exhale bags. They work great for me.

10 Likes

I think if you have a small space or a tent, that would work pretty good. It would certainly raise it a little ways. and from what I’ve seen, The biggest problem, I’ve seen people have with CO2 is not circulating enough air through their tent. Plants eat CO2 an produce oxygen. So it can get low if you don’t have enough air circulation through a tent or small room. my CO2 in my room and outside of it as far as that goes is about where you said yours was the other day. 500+ That is until I walk in there for 15 minutes and then it’s up at 14/1500. If I decided to use it again, which I probably won’t, I would only run it during flower. :man_shrugging:

Keep it fun whatever you do.:v:t3::+1:t3:

11 Likes

Any idea what sort of ppm range your getting from them?

8 Likes

Ive seen it drop to around 400 ppm so far I’m hoping it stays above 400. I think I’ve got a fair bit of airflow going through the tent it’s a 4x4 with a 6 inch inlines for the exhaust and intake they exhaust is always set to 9/10 but it’s pushing through a carbon filter so there’s a fair bit of CFM loss

9 Likes

I’m a little bit worried about what my numbers in the summer will be as well I usually close the room and run the Ac l. I’m glad I’m finally getting some measurements though :smiley:

9 Likes

I don’t know what the ppm’s are, I’m still waiting to get my CO2 sensors in. However my plants are doing better than before I started using them and my yields have tripled since I started using them and the plants look a lot healthier.

9 Likes

The blue glue clone got sent to me I think it got delayed from a snow storm and is now most likely spending the weekend at a distribution facility. It was sent next day delivery but seems to have had some bad luck. Hopefully it still arrives alive, I’m not sure if it’s being heated or not wherever it is :grimacing:. Anyone have experience with clones that have missed a few days of light? I’m thinking I can put it under low light it and nurse it back as long as it’s not an ice cube

9 Likes

FWIW, certainly not qualified to make recommendations on CO2 supplementation, but I do know that Az Cannabis growers do inject CO2 to help mitigate high heat during their light cycles.

In SoCal there are a lot of cut flower (carnations, mums, etc) glasshouses that run CO2 along with extended light cycles to force bloom. They have high density plantings and that’s a pretty lucrative market, so it’s probably cost effective in that industry…

10 Likes