TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

If I can get 10% or more it would make sense for me. At 5% I would be closer to breaking even on the CO2 going through a 20lb bottle a month so it wouldn’t be worth the extra effort for me in that scenario. I’m not 100% sure how long a bottle would last me either im estimating a month each.

6 Likes

Got the par meter tonight flower tent canopy is reading 1000-1100 depending on where I test. It might be slightly higher because the tent was open but I used a pole to measure the back half and it was fairly consistent. That’s with the light at 80% power

7 Likes

I’m going to have to try getting some numbers with the tent closed. The light is supposed to do 1700+ at full power so either it’s not really at 80 or I’m losing alot with the door open

6 Likes

The clone finally arrived today it’s looking super beat up from sitting in a warehouse over the weekend. Aired it out for a while then transported it into some coco under my clone light. I want to get it used to light again before I put her under my mother light. Hopefully she can pull through, I don’t think she would have survived much longer. I’m not even 100% sure it’s still alive right now lol
IMG_20230313_151625_901

10 Likes

She’ll pull through with your skills Tree :slight_smile: Just give her enough (+75%) humidity! :+1:

8 Likes

Don’t the plants get plenty of co2 from me standing there staring at them in a stoned stuper?

10 Likes

@papajerry Its been staying between 400-800 so far, it seems to be 550ish on avg. I think I’m dropping it alot by pulling cold air in from outside to cool the room. I’ve spent a few hours working on the plants with 15-30 min breaks inbetween and it isn’t getting up to high. I usually run my Ac instead when it starts to warm up. I think it will peak alot higher when I’m working in there with the AC hooked up but I’m also worried it will drop below 400 with no fresh air.

7 Likes

@happilyretired ppms got pretty high when he was working on his for a little while

8 Likes

I got some ppfd measurements from in the tent with the door closed and they are almost identical to the open door test where I was testing the back half of the tent. I don’t think the light is actually running at 80% power. Next test will probably be turning the light on full for a little while to see if I can get the meter to hit 1700

6 Likes

I came across different grades of bottles CO2 while I was looking up suppliers, I haven’t seen it mentioned much before so here it is.

“Grade E is the lowest grade, and is used for medical or industrial uses (>99.0% pure). Grade H is food grade (>99.5% pure), and Grade I is beverage grade (>99.9% pure).Food Grade CO2 is recognized more as a “dirty gas” that isn’t tested for several carcinogens.As you ascend the list the amount of impurities like ammonia, benzene, oxygen, carbon monoxide, and others allowed to be in specific grades of gas are lessened.”

Research 99.999
Super-critical Fluid 99.998
Laser 99.95
Anaerobic 99.95
Beverage 99.9
Food 99.9
Bone Dry 99.8
Medical 99.5
Industrial 99.5

Source: Why the Grade of CO2 Gas you are Using is Important | CO2Meter.com

8 Likes

When I was using it last year, I already had a CO2 bottle for a soda machine, which is food grade I would imagine. And refilling the bottles they’ve never mentioned a difference in the gas contained in them. I’ve used the aluminum bottles and the steel, and nothing was ever mentioned. Next time I’m in there buying argon I will ask about that. :v:t3:

8 Likes

Day 42F deleted scene and hindsight

12 Likes

Deleted scene clones day 11 veg topped and cleaned up the lowest 2 nodes

11 Likes

Ive had some light malfunctions. And ive had the light off for days. It wont hurt them one bit. It does slow them down 5 days. Once the lights are fixed and on a schedule again. It matters more in flower but not so much in veg.

11 Likes

@PreyBird1 Should I keep them under a clone light until they start to get some colour back?

10 Likes

Yes just not really hot light. I like warm lights. Hot light can dry them up quick and they can burn.

10 Likes

The blue glue clone is slowly looking a bit better

11 Likes

Yep shes coming around now ya did it. You saved the little sucker. You have to love a photoperiod!

9 Likes

Blue glue getting healthier, she’s under a normal light now.

11 Likes

Cleaned up the dead tips for an IG post, sorry about the screenshot I can’t load the original picture for some reason this time

9 Likes