TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

Nice work man :+1:t3::+1:t3:

7 Likes

Thank you it ended up working out really well. I couldn’t find much info on cutting DIY vent holes in your tent but a few of the kits were basically just flanges so I figured it should work :man_shrugging: worse case I could have always asked the sponsor for a new tent. Definitely bolt them on before you cut the hole if anyone ever does this

7 Likes

Yep, that’s the correct way to do it! It’s how most of those flange-kits you referred to work as well.

7 Likes

Looks great. Another member did this also. I wish the manufacturers would make zipper doors on both sides of the tent because its a huge problem when tents can only be put in one type of orientation or you cant use the tent. Because i like to be able to get to the side or back plants and having dual doors is a much needed improvement on the tents. Especially for people like me that can put the tent into the middle of the room and have access to all sides of it. When i put up my big 10x10 tent i made sure i have 2 feet on all sides so i can access all sides of the tent because its a useful and needed option in my mind.

9 Likes

They definitely should zipper doors on all sides, there is one side of my tent I always have trouble defoliating. I can’t even imagine how difficult it would be with 10x10

8 Likes

This last run ended up being 576g Cement Shoes and 321g Planet of the Grapes for a total of 897g for 56.0625g/sq ft flower canopy. I want to try getting a slightly larger light for next run if I can. I think I lost a bit on the edges from lower ppfd along the sides. This is also going to be the last run for the POTG it just isn’t yielding enough compared to the other mothers to make sense for me.

8 Likes

Got another round of clones in the cloner a few days ago two deleted scene and a hindsight.

9 Likes

I also have a Deleted Scene and a Hindsight in the flower tent, if the hindsight doesn’t yield more this run it will get cut from rotation. I try to give ones that smoke well an extra chance to see if I can get more out of them the second round. Hindsight is the shorter plant

9 Likes

Hindsight and Deleted Scene Day 8 of flower

11 Likes

:100: B-E-A-UTIFUL mate!

6 Likes

I hadn’t thought about this until now but does hypochlorous acid smell get absorbed by our carbon air filters? Wondering if I’m better off disconnecting it untill the rooms aired out to avoid taxing the filter.

6 Likes

Day 20 F for Hindsight and Deleted Scene, starting defol tonight

11 Likes

Damn @treetrunks they looking awesome and healthy as

8 Likes

I saw Bob talking about this somewhere the other day. I can’t remember where it was that he was talking about it, but the conclusion was, don’t worry about it. There’s not enough fumes there to do much to your filter. :v:t3:

7 Likes

It was also to Treetrunks, in the hypochlorous thread :wink: @happilyretired

7 Likes

I should have a new light on the way soon, I’m going to try out the Spider Farmer G8600. The G series uses bridgelux instead of Samsung diodes but uses more to diodes for the same efficiency. I have a 480wat SE5000 in the 4x4 flower tent that I’m going to swap out for the 860 watt g8600. It’s going to give me alot better coverage on the edges and should be able to put out more then enough light for my space.

I ran the SE5000 for a few cycles now and I can say I do really like the light. The detachable drivers made a huge difference in tent temps compared to the first led I had from Meijiu. The only real downside I found with the light is the lower ppfd around the edges in a 4x4. That being said I’ve still had some excellent yields with it and I’m hoping I can do a little better with some more power.

10 Likes

Im also supposed to have a clone on the way to me for the next run, i believe it’s a cross of blueberry muffins with gorilla glue by omuerta genetics. I like to keep my favorite mothers in rotation so I know that I will have enough quality meds to last but im also always looking for new plants to try. I was going to pop some Jam on it by Beleaf for this run but the clone offer came so I’ll save the jam on it for future runs. I really wish I could get my med lic a little faster I want to pop all my seeds and hunt!

9 Likes

That blueberry muffins x Gorilla Glue sounds good be interesting to see how it goes

9 Likes

What are everyone’s favorite devices for measuring or monitoring CO2? I don’t need data logging or controls I’m just looking for a few measurements to get a rough ballpark of my ppm.

I’ve also been looking into par meters alot I know that apogee seems to be considered one of the best but I saw a PAR meter by Photobio that seems to be pretty close for a few hundred less.

I have tried a few apps on my phone to measure light but they do not seem to work very well for me personally. It might have something to do with the phone I have or the case affecting the measurements but either way I think I would feel better with a meter.

I was also looking at the pulse pro because it does both but with a 1 year warranty it seems like the cheaper option would be to buy seperate sensors. Although the pulse does have more features like data logging, RH, temp spectrum analysis ect.

8 Likes

Looking forward to those G8600 grows! I use a Lux meter and convert. It’s not as accurate as a quantum sensor, but accurate enough to give me an estimation that is never more than 50 ppf wrong… A friend has a quantum sensor and we’ve compared…

7 Likes