TreeTrunks Grow and Hash Thread

Does anyone have any experience with anthocyanins in flower leaking through to the rolling paper? I saw another post today where this happened to someone so they wet the nugs and squished them in a paper towel resulting in purple stains on the paper towel. It reminds me alot of the wash water turning purple when I make bubble hash with certain strains. In both cases the would be smoker thought the nugs had been treated with a dye. In the post on @todd.mccormick IG page I think it turned out to be anthocyanins but the comments were restricted and I didn’t see a post clarifying.

7 Likes

You’re absolutely correct Tree…anthocyanins are responsible for just about all (red, blue, purple, orange)
colors we find in our autumn leaves, fruit, and flowers.

Particularly coveted in wine grape varieties…

8 Likes

Day 16 Deleted Scene high ppfd run, still feeding 2.6 ec

12 Likes

Looks really good. As usual lol

9 Likes

Thank you! @PreyBird1

7 Likes

I lowered the power on the light to around 90%, the colas started to get close to the light and some of the tops were getting around 1700 ppfd. I’m back down to around 1500 avg again. I haven’t seen any problems from the high light intensity yet, only increased water consumption and nutrient demand. I’m very curious to see if the increased lighting will improve the yield.

10 Likes

Me too. Lol

8 Likes

If u have say a temple ball for 3 months and a loose pile of kief for 3 months same conditions the ball will most likely taste better as the trico es will degrade some being in a ball and tight only allows the outer layer of the hash to degrade if it does. The only differences I have found pressing a pre pressed ball of has and loose powder kind is the ball is lots easier to get in the bag leveled out and ready to go fresh right off the tree is supposed to be the best extracted with butane right from the plant. Chop freeze and press or extract is supposed to be the best live resin. Presses is hard fresh as there is lots of water that comes out and u do lose some THC thru the water running off. I’m a super fan of extraction and smoking dabs. I love it

7 Likes

This is from Crop King Colin on IG about intra canopy lighting

3 Likes

The deleted scene round 3 with high ppfd is going well so far, pics are from Day 36F

11 Likes

This is the thing I got from the Blue Lab giveaway, it’s like the connect style monitor but doesn’t need a connect stick or computer for the wifi. It just arrived so I’ll try to get it setup in the next little while, I’m going to read the instructions just incase lol. It should monitor water temp,ph and e.c. with data recording for graphs and has the ability to send me notifications on my phone if anything gets out of range. Extremely thankful and excited for this

10 Likes

I didn’t have any trouble setting it up, the calibration is just like the pens and the wifi stuff was pretty straight forward. I was a bit afraid I would break the ph probe trying to get the rubber suction cup on but it worked out fine.

7 Likes

Ohh fancy! I like blue lab gear! Love my combo meter plus.

7 Likes

Nice grab Tree!
I’m sure you’ll make full utilization of the new tool !

8 Likes

Loving the new Bluelab Guardian so far, I’m able to see water loss from evap in between irrigation events through rising ec. Also before, after and during each event which is giving me a much better idea of what’s happening at the root zone. I was able to drop my E.C spike by 40 ppm as well. I’m currently trying to work on evening out the 24 hour variance for ec, ph, and temp. I am definitely getting alot more feedback and control then I could with pens.

9 Likes

Excellent ! It’s really rewarding when you can anticipate events BEFORE they actually happen…getting a step ahead instead of reacting !

6 Likes

Day 46F Deleted scene by cult classics high ppfd run

13 Likes

Geronimo! :pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

7 Likes

Awesome plants, awesome buds @treetrunks!

8 Likes

Looking super tempting! Got me wanting to smoke it right off the screen! Supet frosty man! Jackfrost was there for sure!:fire::fire::facepunch:

9 Likes