Welcome to the Jungle Organic grow!

Well it’s not pretty but the buds are growing, some leaves look bad.
pH went out of wack and now gettin back in order.
Plenty of calmag and epsom,
thus Lock out.
Gave them big boost in food, from 800 ppm to 1140 ppm , and runoff is 6.5 on spot.
BW is doing the best, last grow it was the worst.
Started next grow with super soil. Already got beans going.Pics (4 weeks since flip, 3 weeks showing pistols)

Strawberry Cake
macdaddy elmers glue hasn’t sprouted yet, cheese! 4 elmers glue, don’t know if they are male or female.

8 Likes

So I was at the store and the guy says this is great seedling soil, called roots organics micro greens. Well nothing sprouts out of that crap. I then took some roots organics original and roots organics green fields and after soaking seed for 24 hrs, I plant into soil. Well roots organics original does better than micro greens , and green fields is like wow, seeds explode out of it in one day ! So there you go.

Both on left is micro greens, day 3 no seedlings yet
top rt roots original
bottom rt roots green fields.
All planted same day with tap roots.

6 Likes

I planted this Cheese seed in green fields

and one day she is plowing her way up. probably put in final home tomorrow.

6 Likes

Overall, they look good

3 Likes

I would also say you’re doing good with these girls. I’m liking the scrog.

3 Likes

Be very careful with seedlings not getting enough O2 to their roots.

A lot of people leave most of the soil in the container only slightly moist, very airy, and mist with a spray bottle around the stem, and often, until the plant gets a bit more established.

Are you germinating directly in the soil? This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but even germinating in a paper towel, often people can drown their seeds.

The pictures might be right after you watered, it just made me think overwatering might be a possibility.

I’m loving your light rigs!

Happy growing,

MacG

4 Likes

Yes , i had just watered. Nothing came out of those seedling soils, dropped two more seeds. Oh well I have water from tap, checked today and it is at 230 ppm today instead of 288 like yesterday. Watch out for them to blast chemicals thru soon. I pH the water from tap from 7.2 to 6.5. I am going to switch to tap water on the super soil run, should be just water pH’s for next run. I also found that the last 3 times I watered my apera pH pen was off a whole point, so when I was watering at 6.5 it was really 7.5, hoping I didn’t wreck this run too much.

5 Likes

I can take a small pot and put roots organics original in it and pour two cups of water in and it becomes very heavy, take the same pot and put roots organics green fields in it and pour two cups in and wow, still very light, I am surprised. Although I am moving on to super soil now I still would like to know what doesn’t absorb water? Peat? @macgyver_stoner

2 Likes

Oh wow, took 4 hours to flush them back down to 6.5 from 7.5. Hope they get better.

2 Likes

If I don’t germinate in a glass of water, I generally germinate in a peat or coco “plug”, but even then you can still keep the media a bit too wet.

The need is dissolved oxygen if in a super saturated, with water, environment. And so in a glass of water, the entire amount of water is changed out daily, or aerated, and many use a drop of regular hydrogen peroxide per about 8 oz of water.

In peat or coco plugs, the small plugs will dry out kind of fast, and the almost “dry” between watering is what allows a lot of O2 to get to the roots.

Same thing with the paper towel, soak, wring most of the water out, fold, and put the seed between the folds and then put in a sandwich bag to make sure it doesn’t dry out too fast.

I guess you could kind of think about it like a sponge with air pockets in it, the air pockets allow for O2 to get to the roots.

~MacG

4 Likes

I have always soaked my seeds in distilled water with a couple small drops of h2o2. Then I examine the seeds if the tap root coming out is just barely coming out I will use paper towel in sandwich bag for another 24 hours and usually got a pretty good size tap root, then put in soil. Just having trouble with these elmer glue seeds my brother brought back for colorado, some ones crop got pollinated from one hermie eg. But to me they are not feminized, they are bag seeds. Hey I have a strawberry cake above ground and another mac daddy, and a cheese. just found out the cheese is a sativa ! ha. And I just dropped two peyote wifi’s and have two of the elmers glue popped. 7f431dd5359ee3cddcf1b612bb601fa6df3e2376

4 Likes

All caught up. I’m now along for this journey

6 Likes

Well I had to switch to tap water. it is coming out today at 251ppm. Since I switched back to tap water the girls are doing better and my pH is not swinging above 7.0 now. Plus I notice buds growing again ya hoo ! mac daddy buds
black widow

Thank you @dbrn32 for turning us all on to these lights, budsites lower down even get so much photon density that they grow a lot bigger. I know if I’d scrog right I would have an even canopy but sometimes these girls just don’t want to . it’s all good !
Already started my next run ! Amended soil, 1/2 super and 1/2 roots organics.
in the big pots strawberry cake, mac daddy, and Cheese. (cheese is sativa, all the rest indica, harvest accordingly). might not use nets this run, The smaller pots are Elmers Glue, seeds that came out of buds from colorado dispensory could not sell. They could be male of female, roll the dice.

11 Likes

Glad you are happy with them!

4 Likes

How come I don’t see many people buying the new 288 v2 R spec board with 16 660nm deep reds, have anyone tried them out on a build?

2 Likes

People are buying them. I think a lot of growers getting some time out of their older boards and not neccesarily jumping on the next new thing to come out. Which kinda makes sense, I’m sure there will be something even newer/better before the end of the year.

5 Likes

Well not sure about roots organics nute line, 2 runs now and the same deficiencies keep popping up. month ago was experiencing pH fluctuations where I would water/feed at 6.5 but the soil pH would climb to 7.4, (checking runoff ) so I did some mini flushing, which takes so much time it’s crazy, and get it back down to 6.6-6.7 only for the next time I would pH up from 4.7 after adding nutes and bubbling them thick lquids for 24 hours and checking pH then adding about a teaspoon and half (of earth juice pH) to get the pH back up to THERE MAY BE THE PROBLEM. Keep adding pH up will keep building up in the soil. Maybe just feed with that and use no pH up at all and probably would 've maintained pH. Also, I read another journal where the person was warned tha roots organics original is passive hydro and soil pH should be 5.7-6.5 with 6.5 being the high end ! So dummy me ! This run is not doing good at all and makes me hope more and more that my super soil mix is good, now there is a better mix out with feather meal , fishbone meal, kelp powder and potasium sulfate is the only new items that I did not mix in my super soil. Life is good !
This better
Soil Recipe to be mixed with 1 to 1/1/2 cu ft of base soil
.3125 lb or 5 oz Fishbone Meal 3-16-0
.3125 lb or 5 oz Steamed Bone Meal 2-14-0
.625 lb or 10 oz Bat Guano 0-7-0
.3125 lb or 5 oz Blood Meal 13-0-0
.3125 lb or 5 oz Feather Meal 12-0-0
.375 lb or 6 oz Colloidal Rock Phosphate 0-3-0
1 tbsp Potassium Sulfate 0-0-53
1 tbsp Souluble Kelp Powder 0-0-17
1 tbsp Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)
3/4 tsp Powdered Humic Acid (90 % pure)
1 1/2 tbsp Epsom Salt
1tbsp Sweet Lime (Dolomite)
1 tbsp Asomite (Trace Elements)
6.25 lbs Worm Castings

5 Likes

I use roots and love it

I add mammoth P in bloom with awesome results. Do u use the Oregonism XL? That seems to make a huge difference.

I also use their soil but I mix it with vermifire and NFTG but not for the nutes, for the consistency. I find their soil to b on the light side and my seedlings will sometimes float when I water them. So the heavier soils mixed in will alleviate that.

3 Likes

Bought a new pH pen, my old one was not reading correctly and would not stay on point.

And I bought some killer cal mag, way better. compared to what I was using.

6 Likes

Okay, things are moving right along, Got plants going in the 4x4, good there, and these. now battled with several issues, I have the pH back down to 6.5 but think that is a little too high for passive hydro growing but I will take what I got and continue to lower it some bit more and watch, new green growth is exploding since last feeding of roots nutes and tap water, but I did a little deal today, I bubbled some of that root tea terp up and fed it to them today, I think it will be better reading the details. so here are some pics everyone
black widow

chemdawg

macdaddy

The little chemdawg clone that almost died, has nice buds.

Happy Growin everyone !

10 Likes