White Widow dwc

Day 42 Flower

I was able to slow down my deficiency and cruised through another week. I’m going to run them 1 more week b4 chopping them down. Watching my trichs close right now.
I’m running Sensi Cal-mag 1ml/L, Sensi Bloom 3ml/L, Voodo Juice 1ml/L, Bud Candy 1ml/L, Overdrive 1ml/L, Nirvana 1ml/L, Sensizym 1ml/L, Rhino Skin 1ml/L. In normal circumstances I would only b running 2ml/L Base this last week of nutes for my ladies. But I’m afraid to pull back any little bit at this point.
Daytime temps 79-80f, Nighttime 68-69f. RH 42% ±2%, H20 temp 66-67f, ph 6.0, ppms 1496.
So I’m running my lights on 11h 15min/ off 12h 45min this last week of nutes, then 11on/13off my few days off flush.
@scotty17 I was reading a topic when you mentioned that you were doing that late into your flower. I’m curious how exactly you decrease your times. How often, like in little increments every few days or weekly decreases? Thanks so much!

Most of my White Widow plants I’m going to just dry and extract. My Chronic Widow buds are stacking up real nice. Ill have some choice buds to choose from to cure. There getting a little top heavy but I don’t expect them to top over. Not on this grow. These plants aren’t as healthy as they should be. @devjyarn Thank you so much for your help with this grow! If I didn’t get my cal-mag added when u suggested, or nail down my ph drift I think I would have lost these plants.

4 Likes

My carbon filter is starting to have a hard time scrubbing out all the odor. It’s a really amazing smell!! Im going to grow this strain again sometime in the future. I’m going to get the genetics from Greenhouse this time and see how there’s is.

2 Likes

@Tygrow78 honestly from seed I did 24 hour straight till I saw the 2nd set of leaves starting then drop to time to 20/4 for a week then maybe 10-15 min a day till I reached my desired 18-6… After veg when they are getting ready to flower again just 10-15 min a day or 2 till I reached my 12/12 schedule stayed there till last 3 weeks then I again gradually 10-15 min a day or 2 till I reached a 10on/14 off last week of flower then 2 days before harvest complete dark… Hope this helps my friend just something I was trying out last run I think I’ll be doing same again this run

1 Like

Thank you! I’m going to try that with my next run.

1 Like

It’s your grow tho bro!! It’s only suggestion… What works for one may not work for another… The beauty of it all!! :seedling::herb::palm_tree::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’d recommend cutting that “V” and shipping a specimen over, I need to examine it a little closer to help you out :wink:

Day 51 Flower

I chopped things down today. I was seeing about 5% amber trichomes on most of my buds. I like to go mostly amber trichomes on my Indicas, but all cloudy on my sativa hybrids. My most deficient plant was closer to 50/50 amber/cloudy trichomes. But I couldn’t take it earlier cuz I use my flower tent to dry.
On day 46 I added straight RO h20 to my top off reservoir and then on day 48 I switched out my reservoir with 2ml/L Flawless Finish.
The Chronic Widow plant stole the show in the tent. It ended up stretching 6-8" above the other 2 WW plants when I compared stems after chopping. Those buds don’t have the same level of trichomes as the WW tho. I kept all my plants separated on their own strings so I know wats wat. I didn’t do that last time.
I’m drying right now at 66f and 45%RH±2%. I’m looking at 7 days drying time? Last go I went slower at 10 days at 52%RH. But I need my tent sooner than 10 days so that’s why I dropping my humidity a bit.

I had a little more larph on my plant than I liked. So I have a better idea of how I’m going to scrogg my NL plants, and wat I’m going to be trimming away.
I’m estimating a take of around 185g dry wt. Last go I pulled 172g. I’m feeling like it’s pretty close. All buds are nice and solid, except for the larph that I should have trimmed off. I’m pretty satisfied with these Viparspectra LED lights that I’m using. But they weren’t my 1st choice. I wanted the 600 series that had blue, white, red dimming and it pulled 305 watts per light out of the wall compared to the 201 watts I get right now. It was a $100 difference per light and I built my setups from scratch. So far I’m $3600 in and I only have my trim bin left to buy. I’m lowballing my oz at $100. So when I get 36 of them I’ll feel I got my money back from wat I would have spent going to a dispensary.

3 Likes

1578418734425 1578418766827 1578418703698 1578418804295 1578418804295

1 Like

Awesome Pics @Tygrow78
What do you use to take such close up pics?
I’m struggling to find a good Android app to take Nice close up foto’s.

1 Like

I got this off of Amazon and it came with instructions of which apps would work with the device your using. They work really good and are pretty cheap.

2 Likes

Ok cool idea. I’ll check our gadget shops or electronic shops. I don’t buy online. But thanks for the idea and answer @Tygrow78

1 Like

I finished a 7 day dry at 45% and ended up getting a little more than I expected. I probably could have finished a day early because my buds were a little too dry. Which works good 4 me because I feel my flower decarboxilates better with as little water content as possible. I trimmed 30 grams and stuck them in a jar with a 62% Boveda pack. I won’t be burping that jar at all.

![20200114_172744|375x500]
This is untrimmed dry weight. There is some larph in this but I tried to pull the most meaningless stuff out. (upload://16b8OmM9itgvZcyEg0ORD80Ps19.jpeg)
These were a few other choice nugs I kept. All my tops were nice and rock hard.

I got everything decarbed last night but didn’t get to extract anything yet. I was in a mad dash to get my flower tent and system disinfected and ready for my NL plants. They had grown into my light and ran out of space…
Today I’ll make my oil and see what I end up taking away from this grow!!

4 Likes

Beautiful buds man! White widow has and forever will be my favorite strain!

3 Likes

Thank you @selorex! They ended up finishing off pretty good. I love white widow too! It’s turning out to be a pretty smooth smoke. Tons of kif so far!

3 Likes

I can only imagine man! They look flawless! Especially hydro grow, lovely taste! I may have a few questions for you once I transplant a few of mine into their hydro bath once I bath them and do all I can to prevent shock, if that’s okay with you?

2 Likes

@selorex feel free to ask any questions, I’ll help you as much as I can. This was only my 2nd run with hydro so I’m still learning. @devjyarn and @growyourowndope both do hydro that are a little more experienced than myself. I still have questions I shoot those guys every once in a while… You should start a journal. I wish I would have my 1st run so I wouldn’t have repeated the same mistakes twice. Can’t wait to help ya out if u need it!

4 Likes

@selorex I’ll be happy to help out with any questions you might have about growing, too. Just @ me in your thread or post, or I might miss it.

2 Likes

Thank you both so much, that means the world! Do you do soil grow as well? I do have a thread up currently I may run by you! @Tygrow78 @devjyarn

2 Likes

Most of my experience comes from coco peat mix and gorilla farming. I’m just getting my feet wet with the deep water culture. Happy to help out when and where I can.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like