Does anyone know how to set up quantum boards?

Hey all! I just bought the light that @PreyBird1 suggested from HC group QB288 V2 Rspec & Slate 2 Triple and I have no idea how it works. There is no power cord and it came disassembled.

here’s everything that came in the box. it didn’t come with instructions and I can’t find any instructions on how to set it up. In a YouTube video the guy got more stuff in the box and it came with a power cord. Do I have to buy something else to make this light work or did they forget to put the power cord in the box? I’m so confused. Help?

Apparently I just bought the light, not the kit. :woman_facepalming:t3: Technical support is giving me a hand on what else I need to buy. Apparently I need to buy the power cord and driver and wires. I can’t wait till I have this figured out… I still would love any advice on how to install or best use this light as it is clear I have no idea what I’m doing.

correct - you n

1 Like

get the B driver not the A driver the A driver has the dimmer built into the driver and is very easy to break the B driver u have to buy an external dimmer but it is well worth it me and @PreyBird1 are probably the best light guys on this forum that are still here PM me and ill help u out on the build its very easy

3 Likes

the best bet is to do this go to home depot or lowes or what ever and buy a 15 to 25 foot extension cord and a roll of bell wire
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/HLG-320H-C1750B?qs=uP22XH7NdCveON9km%2BvvQQ%3D%3D&gclid=CjwKCAjwh7H7BRBBEiwAPXjadkt53mj-2noPWDuED0AxZMlpjMDefg9Are80y1opPCFkmEhRnZ52VRoCLNoQAvD_BwE
this is the driver u want to buy

this is the dimmer u want to buy
u can use regular wire nuts from your home depot or lowes to connect everything
whe u get this stuff let me know and i will guide u thru the rest it is very easy i have built several light rigs i currently have the same one u have made for my brother just have to send it to him but my main flower rig is 4 of those boards plus 4 pucks plus 4ft uvb flourescent bulb plus 2 far red/ir boards running on 2 hlg 420 2100B drivers

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

All my heatsinks come from heatsinkusa.com… fast and cheap…and my drivers and strips come from digikey as well… very fast service…

2 Likes

I have the hlg boards and growmau5 pucks from hlg and all are top notch products

1 Like

So I now have the quantum boards, the heat sink, the driver and dimmer switch that was linked above. I will be going to Home Depot/Lowe’s/Menards to purchase the rest of the equipment needed tomorrow. Thank you everyone who’s been helping me with putting everything together and telling me what I have to do next. I appreciate and love y’all! Thanks so much!!! :heart::heart:

1 Like

during the summer the opposite is very very true…

1 Like

@rootfarmer We wound up mounting it on the heat sink. But we used some heat sink stuff to help draw the heat away from the lights (so I’m hoping that helps) I’m praying it will be fine, if not I’ll just re-wire the driver. My tent is in my basement which gets really cold in the winter so a warmer tent isn’t a super bad thing for me. The led right now I have in my tent currently is the only heat I have and it only gets up to about 72 degrees or so.

1 Like

sounds good.

1 Like

That’s an excellent idea. Presently it’s on a bit of a pedestal (I couldn’t move my light down so I moved my plant up) but I’ll keep that in mind. I’m just about to switch lights and take the pedestal out so I’ll make sure to put something down so that it’s not on the cold floor.

You should not have used heat sink paste the led board does not need it and using it might void the warranty with HLG just letting u know second the reason I was saying to mount the driver outside ur room for heat even if ur in a cold area the driver will only generate heat when lights are on and will HURT the plants i love in ohio and my tent is in my basement with the driver outside the tent cause it will generate to much heat because u dont have the right ventilation for veg u might get away with it but ur flower is going to be loose and airy cause of the heat not to mention the fox tailing but more so with out u exhausting the hot humid air correctly ur flower will.get bud rot

1 Like

I can turn my fans up and see how it does. I do have a hygrometer. I’ll set it to warn me if it gets too hot. If it doesn’t keep it at a good temp I will move the driver outside the tent. Would I have to mount the driver on a heat sink outside the tent?

NO U DO NOT WANT 80F+ TEMPS MID 70S IDEAL IS 76 TO 78 I can show u my sensor data I get my temps down to 68 and night and 78 in the day BUT 80F+ IS TO HIGH AND UR BUDS WILL NOT BE RIGHT

2 Likes

…yes
‘’

??4

No u do not need a heat sink for the driver I have mine hanging on a plastic tool holder and yes u can turn ur fans up but again if ur not having good air exchange meaning humid air out less humid air in u will.have bud rot

I don’t quite understand what you’re saying. Are you saying if the driver is inside the tent I’ll have bud rot? Or if I don’t have airflow? Because I have an oscillating fan and a carbon filter with an inline fan in my tent.